10:03 - 10:04 ES trade: V-drop of 8 pts on massive volume?!?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tommcginnis, Oct 30, 2019.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Hey, what did I just miss???

ES plunked from 31 to 23 and back to 32+, on what might best be termed "opening" volume. No economic data release that I can find; no headline 'dropped' at that moment.
    My usual sources have no explanation.

Were it only price, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but it was BIG volume down, and bigger volume back up. And since then, just the usual pre-FED be-calming-ment-ness.

Any help? Did someone raise/lower the wrong window shade were the FOMC is meeting, and wrongly semaphore a signal?? I dunno.

FWIW, market is currently 3034-ish and still becalmed.......

2. Hi,

Was wondering exactly the same thing. Though I was short 6 micro contracts at the time, so took full advantage. Happy days.

TDUK

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. tommcginnis likes this.
  4. FSU

FSU

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. schizo

schizo

Preamble for what's to come.

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Look at yen, same shit. We got knocked out. No biggie, one of thousands :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Thank you, gentlemen! I think the Chilé cancellation fits the bill -- it sounded like a nail to the chest of China/US trade resolutions, and then some humans stepped in and read what was going on, and concluded "Nooooo, no animosity here -- nothing at all to do with the parties directly -- "we're good." (Followed by "BUY! BUY! BUY!!!!")

Thanks all! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. interdim

interdim

What was interesting for me is that it hit an intraday resistance level on a certain chart I use and then went right down to a Daily support level and bounced right back up. After that I thought well nothing to do now until the report comes out. So now if it breaks 37.50 or 28.50 it should be a good ride. I have more of a bias to the upside today and pull back tomorrow. I never risk more than 1.3 % on any given trade so no big deal what it does. By the way Tom I lived in Carmel and Zionsville for many years.

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Yes! It popped from 35 right through to 40, and shortly thereafter, 3045 for a while. Nice call.

[Heya, former nearly neighbor!]