a trade go long with your strategies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eleanorK80, May 30, 2023.

1. eleanorK80

eleanorK80

dear friends in elite trader hey!
    How do you determine whether a trade go long with your strategies while a trade is still open? What indicators or factors do they consider to assess the potential profitability of staying in the trade?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. smallfil

smallfil

I just use trends to tell me to go long or short a stock for instance. If the stock is going up, trend is up and you should take a long position in said stock. Now, as to how long to stay in the trend? As long as the trend is intact, I would stay with the trade. Take note, even an up trending stock would have its pullbacks (counter trend moves to the downside). That does not negate the trend by itself. The easiest way to determine if the trend is likely, to continue is to draw a trend line. As long as the stock price closes above the trend line, you should remain long that stock. If the trend line breaks, you should sell that stock and re-evaluate that position.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Hay, good hay stays green thru end of day, even when dead LOL + true:D:D
    Green rock trend stays green even longer +measure a lot.
    DriVin' thru Georgia late july\
    hot enough to make the devil sigh\
    saw a home made sign writtin' in red\
    Rind county watermelon festival a head.T Bird red Watermelon Crawl song > 4,077,888 video views

smallfil likes this.
  4. mikeriley

mikeriley

The easy answer is RISK.

Smart traders base everything on risk. Whether the market is shooting
    to the moon is not a criteria.

You'll stay in the game longer if you condition yourself to focus
    on risk factor for every trade before determining potential
    profitability. Therefore staying in any trade is based on
    how much risk you are trading and how much you can
    lose. Placing the cart before the horse is not a good
    strategy for the long haul.

5. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Potential profitability depends on the immediate trend. Stay in the trade while the immediate trend is working for you.

You can either stay in Natural reactions or take your profit and buy back on new buy signals.

If you stay during reactions then the price better be recovering the deep in earnest and with ease.

Any reaction that doesn’t look normal is a danger signal. Watch the price, time and volume.

You can use a simple moving average. Maybe a 10 or 20 sma. If the price close below the sma then close your long position.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  6. %%
    ALSO FACTOR in personality+ likes + love;
    Paul tudor Jones, i percieve \likes or loves to hunt ducks, on his farm.
    When i shot ducks i always aimed for the lead bird, sometimes hit the mid bird in the flock, % playLOL
    Hookin' + reelin' 'em in\
    hit rewind \spin it again/ i like a sunrise/ duck bind /Lovin' song LukeCombs.> 50,777,777video views....................................Most dont have that 50 M volume , but some do.