A Trade

Discussion in 'Options' started by donnap, Aug 20, 2014.

1. donnap

donnap

Well, this forum is for traders, I think. Don't see too many trades.

I looked back at atticus' (God rest his soul) post on PFs. The sentence, "Then you simply solve for risk of a strike touch under a flat vol-surface/gain to sticky delta." kinda jumped out at me.

Very good and generous info, but I guess that's why I'm not an option strategist. I just buy 'em and sell 'em.

Haven't traded ES in years, but I saw something and decided to make a go at it. Honestly, I saw a dip, then rally. Probably should've waited for the rally side. Got up early for this one.

Legged in by selling 2 Sep monthly 2000Cs @10.00 and finally got 1 1990C for 14.00. Was hoping to do better, but it was a favorable leg in. Now, with the rally, the spread is down about a point.

I'll hedge the upside a bit here and more aggressively later.

Just sold 2 SPY Aug 22 weekly 197P for .23.

RichardRimes likes this.
  2. donnap

donnap

bought back the puts for .14 at 3:10 EDT. Attempting to sell ES put.

RichardRimes likes this.
  3. donnap

donnap

Got the Aug 29 1950P sold for 3.30. Those are ES points so that's just $165

RichardRimes likes this.
  4. donnap

donnap

Bought the put back via limit order for 2.40 at 4:43:39 a gain of $45 big ones net of costs.

Still in the red.

5. donnap

donnap

Bought 2 SPY AUG 22 199.5C @ .35 and just sold 2 200Cs for .18 for the bull call spread, effectively lowering the ratio a little - at least for a while.

6. donnap

donnap

This trade hasn't gone according to plan from the start - obviously. Was trying to get a better leg in to start. So I've just been improvising along the way - or call it plan B. I'm liking the looks of the downside here, but not yet.

7. donnap

donnap

Just sold the 199.5 Cs @.42. Nothing like fighting a bull market. Tons of fun.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  8. donnap

donnap

Just bought the Aug 22 1995C for 2.10. I'll pay for little peace of mind. Make money later.

9. donnap

donnap

Screw peace of mind, short the UL at 1990.50

10. donnap

donnap

Bah, out at 1990.75.

#10     Aug 22, 2014