Al Brooks video

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by syswizard, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Al has some interesting ideas for scalping. However, in reviewing this video
    he goes on to mention "parabolic wedges" and "triangles" without drawing them on the charts.
    So, for me, I don't quite "see it".

2. Sprout

Sprout

Those examples are in his full course. In the vid screenshot, the 7:10 candle in the apex of the wedge with the trailing edges fanned toward the left. It can also be interpreted as a failed continuation of the bear flag.

Al, at times, run trendlines through wicks, preferring to have multiple points of intersection bwt candles and TL's.

3. Can you draw this out for me ? I don't quite "see it" yet.

4. I would not bother; none of his teachings or examples are backed up by any real time trade executions; he has no performance data and in fact is not a trader - he is a book salesman. He speaks here and talks there but never trades.

5. volpri

volpri

It is parabolic because of the shape of the wedge. Two angles. One steeper than the previous one. It is accelerating down into a parabolic wedge bottom. See blue lines.

C4030FC7-8E69-4742-A304-8073003163C7.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    aja likes this.
  6. What about in his trading room ?

7. Sprout

Sprout

CCF5D56C-C45F-4098-9F1D-380C0972D3D8.jpeg
    Black lines, as Volpri said (which I missed)
    Blue lines as wedge/triangle consolidation pattern, break to the upside. This aligns more with h1h2 buy stop long entry.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  8. Sprout

Sprout

volpri is better grounded in profiteering with Al’s methods. He has a journal documenting his trades.

9. speedo

speedo

You are making a fool of yourself but ET is an appropriate venue for that sort of thing.

Ivano, king1999, nenuser and 2 others like this.
  10. Volpri - what say yee ? What kind of win rate is present ? What about other stats too ?
    Avg # of trades per day ? Avg win/loss amount ? Avg daily net profit ?

#10     Jul 4, 2022
    MKTrader likes this.