Algorithmic trading in third-party trading platform API, MC+ASP, MC .Net+ASP, Ninjatrader 8?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Blonde, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya,

In the case of developing a Robot for trading FX and Metals on a third-party trading platform API, which one of the trading platforms in the market worth buying?
    1- Multicharts +AdvancedStrategyPack (1'997 USD) +purchaseable Add-ons
    2- Multicharts .Net +AdvancedStrategyPack (1'997 USD)
    3- Ninjatrader 8 (1'099 USD ~ 1'649 USD) +purchaseable Add-ons
    4- ... ?

Tnx and best of luck [​IMG]

2. Get all 3 to have all your corners covered. In that way you can trade asap and make a killing.

3. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @DiceAreCast

MC and MC .Net are identical in 80%? Do you think is there any need for both of them? I prefer NT8 but it's not connecting to many brokers like MC .Net and MC can?

Also, there are many other platforms. I'm not sure these are the best of the best?

Tnx and best of luck [​IMG]

4. I would definitely get both, you never know. You don't want to miss any opportunities in the market right? So I think you should definitely get both. Some coding languages see what others don't see

By the way, can you post a pic where you wear stiletto heels? Those pink plastic shoes don't do you justice :sneaky:

swinging tick and Blonde like this.
  5. cafeole

cafeole

For creating an algo and properly testing it I use AmiBroker. Great platform for development, walk forward testing and montecarlo. I then port the code to the one of the above platforms for live trading.

Blonde likes this.
  6. ph1l

ph1l

If you are serious about building a trading system, you might want to look at this.:)
    upload_2021-4-22_11-10-2.png

DiceAreCast likes this.
  7. Justrade

Justrade

How bout none... you can use Interactive Brokers and their API...

Blonde likes this.
  8. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @cafeole

Thanks. How the code from AmiBroker can be executed on NT8, MC, MC .Net? I mean there are different platforms with different API and TA bases? How the code can be exported from one platform to another?

Tnx and best of luck

9. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @Justrade

Thanks. TWS API is the only available TA API in IB and its limited to TWS studies and TA. Also, it's over sophisticated like its platform TWS? Any guide for their direct API apperciated?

Also, in the end, the most successful Algorithmic trading can build on bigger TA bases while NT8 is expandable but TWS is fixed to its studies?
    ?

Tnx and best of luck

10. cafeole

cafeole

That is why I said "port". You have to write the code for each platform you are using. However, in my experience, finding the edge is the hard part and I think that is easier done with AmiBroker.

#10     Apr 22, 2021
    Blonde likes this.