Any broker with cheap commissions to trade OTC?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by napolean, Apr 24, 2021.

1. napolean

napolean

For traders outside of USA (i live in asia) what are the option of brokers for low price commission for high volume OTC trades and preferably without PDT rule?
    I'm hoping to find something that has low commission like etrade in USA.

2. I have both Etrade ad Schwab .... i have account with Schwab international and they are commsition free for OTC.
    PDT rule for only apply to you if your account if margin and have less than $25K.
    But if you account is Cash and less than $25K, still you can trade many times a day.

napolean likes this.
  3. napolean

napolean

Thanks! Good idea. I'm trying to contact them but they don't even give out their email on their website or have an enquiry form. Anyways i've completed the contact detail to see if they will respond.

Some additional questions if you have the answers to it.

-Can the account be linked to Das trader?
    -Are there charges for platform and market data fees?
    -How are the execution speed for OTC on their platform?
    -Are hotkeys available on the platform?
    -And what's your personal experience trading OTC with them, if you don't mind :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. https://international.schwab.com/contact-us
    There is no email for Non-customers, you can to fill out the online form or call them.
    once you become customer, they have toll free number for every client for each country separate. Schwab has best industry customer service .

Your questions:
    - No, if you like Das trader, you should go with Ameritrade (merging with schwab) or Interactive Brokers. Both Brokers support trading from Das trader.
    - No , free for most basic data requirements, i never have to pay anything
    -With OTC, depends on how liquid is OTC and market cap of the stock
    -Hotkeys is better than ETrade and order types , does most basic things, However there is No hot Buttons that you get with Das Trader.
    - I have almost 60 OTC stocks in my portfolio and all with schwab, i never experienced any issue, except with some OTC, you can't place order in Pre-market

Where in Asia do you live ?

napolean likes this.
  5. napolean

napolean

Thanks. I'll just wait for their reply.
    Are there any OTCs that allow pre market trading? I thought all OTC doesn't have after hour and premarket trading.
    In sg, but will be trading from KL in future.
    I thought commission free are mostly for listed stocks these days. Good chance i'll go with them if that's the case.

6. I think there is a bit confusion on your side ... listed stocks are those trade in exchanges like NYSE .. OTC are stocks that can be traded electrically .. so %90+ OTC stocks can be traded pre market and after hours ... Its OTCBB (bulletin board) and Pink shit and delisted stocks are the one with little volume that you might have execution problems when market is not actively trading. Schwab is largest US broker being merged with Ameritrade, No brokerage comes close to it, You next bet is Interactive Brokers

7. otctrade

otctrade

Etrade/Schwab/TDA allow accounts from Dubai?

8. napolean

napolean

What's the difference between OTC and OTCBB? i thought OTCBB consists of QX, QB and pink? and OTC in general refers to these market altogether.

9. I'm in dubai most times ...And Etrade/schwab yes .... TDA doesn't accept account from Dubai. But this will change since Schwab has bought TDA

10. otctrade

otctrade

That's great. Thanks for the info.

#10     Apr 29, 2021