Any of you guys using a Statin ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by derektrader, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Anyone using a Statin? They work incredibly well but some cause a spike in glucose.

2. tango29

tango29

Yep, atorvastatin, i.e.. Lipitor, however I have cut back to taking it just 5 days a week. While doing this I've had good numbers for my last 2 checks. roughly a year apart. Over the past few years I have worked on changing my diet and I believe that has helped. For the next month or two I'm going off completely to see if it impacts my numbers. I have to do an employee health check for the wife's insurance and they run cholesterol as part of the check. If they are still good I may stay off until my next physical in July of 2021 and see what happens.

3. Crestor and Lipitor both have long half lives, crestor being a bit longer.
    They both are known to be very effective when taken every other day.

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  4. Crestor was invented by the Japanese...surprised you are taking a pill invented by non-whites

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I uses one even though it's not needed. My cholesterol numbers without it and just eating steel cut oatmeal with blueberries is 199. I asked the doctor to prescribe one anyway to drop it further. I'll update after my next check. ---Cholesterol was 279 before starting the oatmeal/blueberry deal.

6. Forget total cholesterol, its all about LDL and tryglycerides.

Pekelo likes this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Low cholesterol could lead to early dementia.

Google it!!

8. ph1l

ph1l

High cholesterol too!
    upload_2020-8-14_22-26-35.png

deaddog likes this.
  9. deaddog

deaddog

What are the chances those studies were funded by drug companies? :)

ph1l likes this.
  10. 100%.

#10     Aug 15, 2020