Any recommendations on low priced laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clacy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. clacy

clacy

I'm looking for a laptop. Primarily as a 2nd laptop that would be used by my wife. Primarily it would be used for basic things like web surfing, email, some daily charting by me, etc so it wouldn't need to be set up for gaming or scalping, etc.

Does anyone have an good suggestions?

I'm not looking for a netbook, btw.

Thanks for your help!

2. why not? They are great for exactly what you describe but also for a 12" Netbook ($400-$500) you can get into a decent laptop.

Have you tried Dell Factory Outlet for some refurbs? There are Latitude laptops starting in the $600-$700 range and some Vostro laptops starting a bit cheaper. You didn't state your price range so its difficult to define "low priced". Low price business class, home/retail, etc. ?? hope that helps.

FWIW, I hate asking questions on ET only to get replies from idiots who offer their opinion about something totally unrelated to the post. That said, knowing you said you don't want a netbook, I have a Lenovo S12 netbook that I absolutely love and will probably never buy a full laptop ever again.

3. LeeD

LeeD

I am not up to date with the most recent laptops... but given the scope of applications, you may consider the laptop with the best screen / keyboard and ignore any other considerations except the price range.