Anyone has experiance with Multichart Portfolio Trader ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TradeTune, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Hi,
    I am using Tradestation and They lake this important feature. I couldn't find anything
    similar to MC portfolio Trader ,,, Are there tools that you can suggest for automating simple rule Let's say 150 symbols at a time. Thanks

ATA likes this.
  2. fan27

fan27

Take a look at Tickblaze.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. It does Portfolio Level back testing, but there is not Portfolio trading the last time i checked.
    Please can you provide link?

5. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Used Multicharts Portfolio trader for years, but it lack a lot when it comes to equity trading, each symbol needs to be manually mapped to IB, exchange etc. There is no good way to handle sublists of symbols etc in the database, which is a pain, and portfolio trader cant use anything intrabar.. I am using Tickblaze now...

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

My mistake.

7. Tickblaze need to know Phyton and C# .... as my strategy is simple, i need something that can easily code. But thanks for your in-depth with MC

8. Not executing intrabar is no issue, can't you use lower time frame closing price as your entry or exit ? maybe I'm missing something here, because i know Easylanguge also doesn't execute intrabar.

9. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Trdetune, your backtest results in portfolio trade, cant view intrabar.. IOG is not avaliable in portffolio trader, as it is on chart. Trading ajust a few symbols using PT in mc is great, but dealing with lots of symbols mm, iits not the right tool for the job i believe,.. anyway, i do use MC for futures and very happy... but impossible to work with for equities... but if it works for you then great, MC is otherwise a great product..

10. I trade like 150 stocks, MC has mapping tool to map symbols and if i have time to do that, is there an issue ? since you said it's impossible to work with equities

#10     Jul 24, 2021