Anyone Made 100%+ a Year Consistently With Options Or Know Of Anyone Who Has?

Discussion in 'Options' started by RichLyons, May 17, 2017.

1. [Question in thread title.]
    What system do they/you use? (Assuming you're willing to spill the beans, heh.) Call or put? Selling or buying? An easy "system" or does it involve much complexity? What would you/they credit your/their returns to? Yes, I'm a noob, obviously.

2. just21

just21

100% of margin used or account balance?

3. What you seek does not exist! Beware of anyone stating otherwise! (key issue ->"Consistently")

wintergasp likes this.
  4. Just21 - Eh, "either," I guess (I assume that would be only possible with margin). Just as long as you're making 100%+ returns per year, over many years.

5. Everything exists.

Mostly ridiculous questions like this exist, but Im sure there are players that have done that and even better.

6. I have no doubts many made -100% of account with options. I bet a few of the volatility sellers felt quite a bit of pain today with VIX jumping almost 50% in a day.

7. Fonz

Fonz

Take a look of today's volatility options, like SPX, SPY, VXX, VIX futures, etc..
    I hope you will have a beginning of an answer.

Keep in mind that 100% on large accounts constantly or not, is just not advisable. Actually, any monthly or yearly profit goal will not make someone rich.

8. You make the 100% or whatever it is, a little at a time, not risking the whole thing at once.
    2% a week is 100%. And 2% if you're good , is doable. Not easy , doable.

Actually trying to find intelligent life on the internet is much harder.

9. I would worry about, first, your ability (or lack thereof) to predict and manage and trade the underlying o_O
    Because that's what options are all about.

If you're aiming for 100%...you will have to be a basic, directional, call and put buyer.
    Weeklies are volatile -- and that's what you want. Longer term options are tamer, or don't move.

Good luck, and may the farce be with you,

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Two percent a week compounded is 180% a year, not 100%. Apparently finding intelligent life is even harder on this forum.

#10     May 17, 2017
    Dolemite likes this.