Anyone uses eToro(Copytrader)?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by TimtheEnchanter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Is this a scam? Every since I google crypto I am getting these ads on Youtube.

2. Nobert

Nobert

Used.

Don't know about the crypto part.
    Was going long with equities only.
    I think any of crypto position with em is CFD.

Not using anymore, - couldn't get filled at very liquid stuff, even with +$2 ~ above the market.

Using Admiral Markets now.

Some banks baned eToro in my country for money laundering.

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  3. Feest

Feest

I hope it will be popular.

4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I wouldn't trust it. The traders that want you to copy their trades just want you to help push the market up when they enter a position. And when they are ready to sell they leave you in the dust.

Anyone who uses this or anything similar is just feeding the sharks

d08 and johnarb like this.
  5. d08

d08

eToro is an Israeli scamming platform based in Cyprus. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Snarkhund, orbit23, traderjo and 2 others like this.
  6. Yes, can be popular but always take some time to join it and do some good research before start with it.

7. Overnight

Overnight

Cyprus. All these places located in Cyprus. It just ain't the same.

8. traderjo

traderjo

OTC and regulated in????

9. JamesJ

JamesJ

They advertise 0 commission.
    But their hidden commissions are sky high...
    Spreads are crazy high on all CFD asset classes.
    Overnight rates as well.

Stay far away and choose a broker with direct market access or if not at least with better fee structure.

Nobert likes this.
  10. platz

platz

True, there aren't any commissions on stocks but they have to earn money somehow, and make money through the spread (just like most brokers and CFD providers). They aren't the cheapest, but do allow you to invest in thousands of stocks around the world, including on Asian exchanges.

To answer your initial question about copy trading, it's something I've used with success. I made a 19% return in the last 12 months by copying a combination of funds and traders. Check out my vlog (and transcript): https://allabouttrading360.wordpress.com/2021/01/03/my-etoro-copy-review-three-years-later/

This year, I'm planning on investing in "CopyPortfolios" focussed around clean energy, cannabis and self driving cars. They're all up quite a bit since the Democrats took the Senate, so I'll wait for a correction to put more money to work.

#10     Jan 10, 2021