Anyone using a 4K Monitor to trade without using Font Magnification?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by David Donner, Jul 8, 2021.

1. I see a lot of 4K monitors but people are using such large fonts, it defeats the purpose of having more screen real estate.

is anyone using a 4K Monitor without magnifying the screen or magnifying the fonts?
    If so, what size monitor are you using to do it?

Thanks!

2. rb7

rb7

1 x 43" 4k
    2 x 23" FHD

Not magnifying anything.

3. Is the 4K readable without magnification?
    What model 4K monitor is it?
    Thanks

4. goslow

goslow

Not yet; holding out for affordable 8k. The real potential of 4k and 8k monitors will be seen in larger sizes, 50 inches and above. The Windows Magnifier app might be useful on smaller 4k mons in the meantime.

5. 29 inch with a 50inch 4k both set at 100% on the 50 inch I adjust the fonts to to a readable size and max out real estate with Trading Software and Trade Ideas running.

6. VicBee

VicBee

So many parameters to address, starting with eye sight...

7. rb7

rb7

LG 4K monitor.

The difference between my 23" and 43" is minimal. The fonts are a bit smaller on the 43", but not that much, maybe a something like 3-4% smaller.

For me, the goal to use a 4K is to be able to see more, not to be able to see bigger.

8. minmike

minmike

Yeah. I use a 43in tv as a monitor. I love it.

9. Yes. I recently upgraded from FHD to UHD. I now get to display up to 70% more bars at one time in portrait mode. Making the fonts a bit bigger for easy viewing takes up only a tiny fraction of the "display area".

10. Me too. Considering a 43" UHD TV costs $250-$400, hard to justify spending $1800 on a 40" "monitor".

#10     Jul 9, 2021
    zghorner likes this.