API choice: Sterling or Silexx or EZE(RealTick)?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ppy93, Oct 1, 2021.

1. ppy93

ppy93

I am starting a hedge fund in a month. My broker offers Sterling, Silexx and EZE(RealTick). I am under the impression that Sterling is the most popular platform(not necessarily for API usage). However, I am a bit intimidated by its stability issue described in this thread posted in 2014. Has things improved since then?

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...-suitable-for-fully-automated-systems.287170/

Is there anyone using Silexx or EZE's API to trade? If yes, please PM me and I would love to discuss more details with you. Feel free to email me at ppy93@pm.me as well.

2. jharmon

jharmon

What are your requirements for latency/data coverage?

PS - Your time frame is way too optimistic - not only from an IT/disaster recover perspective but also from a compliance perspective, given you haven't got this sorted yet.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The email address you put in the post was rejected. Please email me directly and I can help you as we offer all three.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  4. ppy93

ppy93

I have already tested everything with TDA and TradeStation for more than 1 year. They will be my backup broker. I recently developed some interest in trying DMA brokers. If the cost and API stability of the DMA brokers are not satisfactory, I will go back to TDA or TradeStation.

Since I have been using TDA or TradeStation's API, my strategy is not very latency sensitive. I use a 3rd-party data provider.

5. jharmon

jharmon

Just one backup broker for a hedge fund? Really? You need several to spread your orders in the first place (unless your AUM and trade positions are tiny).

6. what is the purpose to use several brokers to spread orders?

7. jharmon

jharmon

Different order flow across venues and redundacy (of course)

8. ppy93

ppy93

My startup fund's AUM is only $1-2M at the moment but I trade $2-8M daily. Is it necessary to have redundancy broker?