Assent Conversions?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Load_the_boat, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Anyone have any info on this? I see other firms being mentioned with conversions but not Assent. Any info on this and the costs would be appreciated.

2. Called Assent and they said no conversions but will have a new product out next week Weds or so. Already approved by their compliance dept. I'll post more when I know more....

3. jimmyz

jimmyz

Please let us know ....

what is the name of the new product?

How can it legally get around the uptick rule?

4. fourcups

fourcups Guest

Assent is not what i thought they would be .Sunguard bought office space and cpu's thats it.I trade with assent and iam very unhappy my system lags each day at the close their employees think you work for them(i have cust account) their compliance tells everybody who makes what and who lost what a very unprofessional firm from the top down.

5. i'mlong

i'mlong

damn, that's very unprofessional. divulging the p&l for other accounts is totally unethical. which office are you in?

6. AngryD

AngryD

An independent firm will execute a short on the plus tick, possibly on the forth market, this will get you short on or near the offer. The independent firm then sells they stock they bought from you, thus you pay the spread at the time, and a commission. Not the greatest, but better than nothing.

7. At least that is what I was told. He wouldn't give me any details whatsoever. So not much info but news will be out next week, Weds supposedly. We will see if this is worthwile or not. Maybe will be too expensive who knows. I haven't had any problems per se with Assent but I haven't experienced any other firm either. Anyone trade in an Assent office where there are still people killing it? 100k+/year? I'll post next week when/if I get the news, will call him back if he doesn't call me.....stay tuned...

8. My understanding
    An independent firm will execute a short on the plus tick, possibly on the forth market, this will get you short on or near the offer. The independent firm then sells they stock they bought from you, thus you pay the spread at the time, and a commission. Not the greatest, but better than nothing.

what does that mean? what is the time frame a day or month? also spread kinda scares me your open to anything they bill you. i hope it is as quick as bullets had been. if it is i might have to seriously think about trading at andover. the prices on conversions are crazy from what i hear. i heard people paying 5 figures for 5 1000 share ones. i learned to trade without them now but no how important they can be.

9. Mecro

Mecro

I dunno what office you are in but you are talking complete BS. Are you just bitter that you can't trade without bullets or smth?

10. fourcups

fourcups Guest

Not at all !! How can you say something is complete BS? You know everything going on at Assent? I have been with assent for 2 years after 4 years with daytek and 3 years with tradescape>To say something is BS you really dont know the buisness..

#10     Jan 18, 2004