Assuming there's not a second wave...you'll see the economy recover steadily...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cuddles, May 19, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Famous last words...
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-t...-economic-recovery-from-coronavirus-pandemic/

POWELL: Well, I think you'll see, again assuming there's not a second wave of the coronavirus, I think you'll see the economy recover steadily through the second half of this year. I do think that people will be careful about resuming their typical spending behavior. So certain parts of the economy will recover much more slowly.

don't mind the panicky commentary:

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Can you say anecdotal boys and girls?

Very good. How about deadly virus?

3. Yea, there's gonna be a jobless recovery.

4. R1234

R1234

Central bankers are like surgeons - they can save a life during trauma but they are really bad at forecasting long term outcomes. For long term projections look to a real economist such as my main man Nouriel Roubini

HenryAvery and Real Money like this.
  5. That guy in the video is an idiot as if thr mask and gloves are holy protectors

you know some people just wanna die they dont care bro they live like nothing is happening

6. Its just like
    Those reckless drivers

cars kill more people in America than anything else yet there is many reckless drivers

7. maxinger

maxinger

who knows , by then, covid would be gone.

SARS came and gone.
    It came to this earth for few months. then it disappeared quietly.
    And no SARS vaccine was invented.

Turveyd likes this.
  8. kreskos

kreskos

For some reason, it does not occur to me that this SARS has stopped the whole world, although others have simply passed painlessly.

9. camera

camera

It might recover.
    I don't usually listen to theories but didn't someone mention that the virus will disappear and will come again in few years ?

10. Interesting to think about it

#10     May 20, 2020