ASUS A17 w/ RTX 3060 w/ two external monitors connected via USB-C yet only one is being recongized?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmiles301, Dec 19, 2022.

1. No issues with recognizing and displaying one of the external monitors but I can't seem to get the other one to come onboard, anyone have any ideas?

It just says no signal and then powers off/goes to sleep mode while the other one works fine.

Running Win11..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  2. How to set up multiple monitors in Windows 11:
    When you right click on the desktop, select "Display settings."
    Select "Extend these displays"
    Select "Keep changes"
    When the changes take effect, the settings of the selected monitor appearing in blue will be displayed.

3. I'm aware of those options, however what I'm saying is that the second external monitor is not even being identified as an option, I have already had one connected with the display extended fine but when I connect the other one the system doesn't appear to be identifying it at all for me to even allow the display/desktop to be extended to it, it just cycles on for a second and appears to attempt to start up but then says "no signal" and remains blacked out.

I have two USB C ports and as far as I know the RTX 3060 can support two external USB C displays but so far a simple plug n play via display settings hasn't worked.

4. spooz

spooz

I looked up the specs on your laptop. You can have two monitors but only one can be usb-c. The other one has to be HDMI. You have other usb-c ports but they can't be used for video. Also, when this is all set up check the bios for a muti monitor setting.

MarkBrown, rb7 and jmiles301 like this.
  5. Well that's good to know, appreciate the help, thank you.

spooz likes this.
  6. Any reason why the HDMI input would not be responding? The monitor is not even attempting to power cycle whereas before when I was trying to use both USB C ports it was.

I haven't messed with the BIOS yet, looking that up now.

UPDATE: I did some google searching and went into BIOS under advanced settings and I didn't see any option to enable any kind of multiple monitor display.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  7. spooz

spooz

I assume you have tested both monitors individually using the known good USB port? If so, have you loaded the card manufactures drivers? Windows drivers will sometimes, but not always, only allow one monitor. If you have the NVIDIA? drivers loaded go to the NVIDIA setup program and see if dual monitors are enabled. In there you can click on "Detect". Also check that your monitors are set to detect USB and HDMI or set them both to auto. I hope some of this works.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    jmiles301 likes this.