Australia’s largest commercial bank to offer crypto currency trading

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by mlawson71, Nov 8, 2021.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

In a revolutionary move one of the four largest banks in Australia, the Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has announced that it will allow its customers to buy and sell crypto currencies on its platform, establishing a precedent in the banking sector in the country.

This service will apparently be available to CommBank app users – and there are more than 6.5 million of them. They will be able to use the app to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin, as well as ten more major digital coins.

The bank announced that it will partner with New York- based exchange Gemini Trust Company LLC to offer these services.

I have little doubt that other banks, in other jurisdictions, will likely do the same sooner or later.

murray t turtle and johnarb like this.
  2. %%
    REALLY ??
    I remember when i was kid \my dad told me his bank[Regional NYSE bank] was doing a promotion to get new accounts / giving selling ''Tulip Time Stainless Steel Flatware'' But a big difference / it was real stainless steel+ had a engraved pic of tulips. I wonder if they accept confederate money as payment, thats a real currency also??

johnarb likes this.