Baron's Journey to Single-Digit Bodyfat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, so one of my goals this year is to get down to single-digit bodyfat, meaning somewhere around 9% at a bodyweight of 175. I'm just guessing at what my bodyweight will end up being at 9%.... maybe it's 10 lbs heavier or 10 lbs lower.... who knows? It's been said that a goal without a timeline is just a dream, so I'm going to give myself 6 months to accomplish this, so that would be an end date of July 25th, 2019.

Below you'll find my starting point to give you an overview of my current stats. And just for the record, I'm 47 years old and I am 5' 9" tall.

7adbaf78-07f0-412e-b3e9-0343df141f06.png

The stats above were generated using a highly rated scale I got from Amazon and I plan to use it for posting updates throughout the entire process:

I think daily updates would be a bit overkill, so I plan to update this thread maybe once or twice per week to provide another snapshot of my progress. Hopefully, maintaining this journal will help me stay more consistent than I would otherwise.

In terms of diet, my goal is to primarily eat things directly from nature. And by that I mean whole eggs, nuts, fruit, healthy fats like avocado and olive oil, and a variety of lean protein sources.... fish being the main one.

So that means no chips, pasta, bread, cereal, cookies, crackers, energy bars, desserts or anything else that's a processed food. Sounds like fun right? :(

In terms of working out, the gameplan is to do resistance training four days per week, with some form of activity upon waking on an empty stomach six days per week. For me, that's usually a 30-minute walk in the mornings or if it's raining, I will do 20 - 30 minutes on an elliptical machine here at my house.

I am currently on Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) at 200mg per week to achieve a better hormonal profile for losing fat and building muscle. Since Testosterone converts to Estrogen easily in the body, especially as we get older, I also take .25mg of Arimidex every other day to keep estrogen under control.

Supplementation will be the following on a daily basis:

1 serving of Lipocide IR on an empty stomach upon waking.

Then with breakfast...
    Evovite Multivitamin for athletes

5,000 IU Vitamin D

2,000 mg Fish Oil

100 mg CoQ10

https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best...&ie=UTF8&qid=1548523412&sr=1-5&keywords=CoQ10

300 mg Tru Niagen

https://www.amazon.com/TRU-NIAGEN-A...TF8&qid=1548523547&sr=1-5&keywords=tru+niagen

1.25 ml VitaLiver

https://www.amazon.com/VitaLiver-Su...UTF8&qid=1548523480&sr=1-4&keywords=vitaliver

During my workouts and sometimes between meals, I will be sipping on a Branch Chained Amino Acid drink.

https://www.amazon.com/Evogen-Amino...d=1548523678&sr=1-3&keywords=evogen+aminoject

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to chime in. Here we go... :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    birdman, Visaria, NQurious and 5 others like this.
  2. 15%. That's an improvement over your old scale's reading. When you next do a weigh-in, would you do it on your old scale immediately after the new one? I'd be curious to know the difference between the machines' numbers, if any, with all else being identical.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, no problem.

4. destriero

destriero

EVOO for the win. Buy the half gallon organic jug at Costco. Dining out is gonna be tough!

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I just bought a big jug of California Olive Ranch EVOO at Target the other day. I don't think it's organic though.

Dining out is going to be a pain in the ass. And with all the friends that my wife and I have, it's inevitable that I will be at a restaurant at least once or twice a week. I don't have a problem with ordering a healthy entree, but avoiding the bread that's brought to the table at the start of the meal will be the hardest part.

6. Baron, you mentioned in the set extension thread that your weight can fluctuate by as much as 20 pounds. Not to be flip or anything, but how does that happen? For a guy who's quite active and attentive to this sort of thing, I'd have thought that you'd have taken corrective action sooner. Although I do note that you are presently at the lower end of the range.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It all depends on what mode I'm in. If I'm in the muscle building mindset then my carb intake will be high and my calories have to be greater than what I'm burning so that piles on the weight over time. But if I'm in the mindset of losing fat, then the carbs will drop and my overall diet will change pretty dramatically to get back down to the lower range. Realistically, most of that weight fluctuation is really just the water weight from going high carb to low carb, or vice versa.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

I am 250 currently and my daily can fluctuate 5-8lbs.

9. You've been working out for years, so I'm curious to know if the last few iterations of bulking and carbing have resulted in new muscle.

10. Really? I weigh slightly :D less but my daily fluctuation is proportionately less. And I'm the non-keto guy. What gives?

#10     Jan 25, 2019