Basket Order will not load limit prices?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SoyUnGanador, Jun 22, 2022.

1. I am trying to submit a basket order, which I've done many times in the past, but its been awhile.

I browse for the CSV file on my computer, I find it, I press Load to load it up.

It pulls it up, but all the limit prices are blank. It does not pull them from my CSV file. Sometimes it will pull 1 or 2 of them, but leave the rest blank.

Any ideas what could be going on? Such a weird problem. I have always had such problems with basket order, such a finnicky creature it is.

Thanks for any help.

2. 2rosy

2rosy

probably your csv file is mangled

3. Well, I was on a call with them and we went over all the column headings, the entries in each column, etc., and all seemed correct. Is there any other way it could be mangled?

4. better question, with all the etfs out there, why bother with clumsy baskets [​IMG]

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Besides opening your csv file in a spreadsheet program, have you also tried to open it in a plain ascii text editor? Sometimes that reveals some weird formatting or other issues.

6. That is a good idea HobbyTrading, will give it a try and report back. Thanks!

7. Hobby, I loaded up the csv file in Notepad and it looked perfect. Literally no codes or anything. Which is consistent with IB not being able to help me on the phone yesterday. I've sent screenshots to their tech people, I will follow up if they have a way to fix it, but am not hopeful.

Anyone have any other ideas what could be causing this weird problem?

8. Something has to be corrupted IMO, probably in my stored settings file. Does anyone remember that name? If I remember you can just deleted it an the next time you open IB it will create a new one.

9. cooker

cooker

I have this problem too after I switched to the offline TWS when my regular TWS stopped loading.

10. Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue once I updated my TWS. Thanks.

#10     Sep 7, 2023