Best Discretionary Trading Prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nemesis45, May 31, 2014.

1. I am asking simply out of curiosity.
    Proprietary firm - As defined by CME, for ECM requirement .

I know only a couple of good discretionary trading firms.
    But even there the top traders make are limited to making a just under a million / year to a few millions.(top 2 or 3 traders in firm,)
    The daily risk is in the range of 10-30k USD/ day, for good traders, more or less.

But i wanted to know which are the best firms in the business.
    What do they allow to trade, what kind of trading they allow(futures spreads, futures,options,scalping,long term etc.), what kind of risk management systems do they follow. Also only for manual/discretionary trading

I am sure some of you may have an idea. Please do share.

2. Anybody has experience with tower hill trading? how are they

3. Seriously....do people even know there is a "search" function on Elitetrader??? If so you would see all the negative reviews.

4. My bad, do ignore my previous post. I was looking along information along the lines which i had asked. Let me read up on all the previous posts regarding tower hill.
    I have gotten to talk with a few traders trading there though, and it doesnt seem as bad as it does on ET. Maybe they start you off low, but it does take a year or two to scale up at prop firms after all. Flip side is that they start off with equities.

5. ok, i went through all the posts regarding tower hill. my bad for not searching it earlier.
    I had just come across their website and was wondering how good they were. sounds like ok ayish to me.

6. KCG, Hudson River , DRW,SIG ....
    All i find are quant trading firms or algorithmic trading firms.

Does anybody still do manual trades in chicago ,NY, or anywhere in world?

Found this firm: Consolidated Trading - anybody have an idea?
    They seem to be hiring only for trading assistant though. It is pesky to start from the bottom again for anybody.
    Most good props also look to hire only freshers i guess .

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I thought you got a job at a prop firm? You want to leave already?

8. Off topic : but ..
    Nope, its not for me only, on the lookout for firms for a couple of other traders too.
    I dont want to be in a similar situation i was earlier ever again, plus i would like to know about better firms.
    anything wrong with that?

It's hard to find good traders, and firms tend to go under, even if you individually make money.
    Of course it would help to know that theres more than one firm , where you can work, since i wont be opening my own account ever again.
    And i do want to work for the best, if it requires getting another degree, so be it.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Where are you trading now?

10. startup.

#10     Jun 11, 2014