Best Options Brokers

Discussion in 'Options' started by moskvich, Dec 15, 2021.

1. moskvich

moskvich

Hey guys,

what are the best options brokers nowadays?
    i put on multiple credit/debit/calendar spreads with Schwab and Fidelity,
    but keep getting hit with margin calls....their margin calculators seem
    to be way off. Thanks!

2. mervyn

mervyn

I use fidelity for long trades, they are the best on executions. They have house margin, reg t margin and portfolio margin. I’d suggest you call them to go over your trades and margin requirements.

but then, option is option, every firm can do that, just matter of commissions.

3. qwerty11

qwerty11

ib

4. JSOP

JSOP

Try Tastyworks.

James.DeGori likes this.
  5. I moved all my "test" money to TD Ameritrade. It's a good platform, but I'm having trouble getting access to "advanced" options (e.g., undefined risk). They are making me take an options course with 180-question quiz. I finished 150 questions yesterday, stepped out to eat dinner, and find myself logged out of the page with no obvious way to finish the quiz! (open support ticket :rolleyes:)

6. mervyn

mervyn

you need level 4 option privilege for max risks, so you should be happy with level 3 spreads

James.DeGori likes this.
  7. presumably if I "pass" the quiz, they will give me level 4. Of the 150 questions that I finished, I only got 5 wrong, so hopefully I will be good.

8. Some guy posted the test on here for us to pass for him.

morganpbrown likes this.
  9. Watch out, world. Now I'm apparently an options expert.

[​IMG]

upload_2021-12-17_17-38-5.png

10. Not only that TD has 24/7 help desk that actually answers the phone, unlike say, Fidelity or E*Trade. Just call them. Also 150 questions are a no brainer, what you may not know, you can look up.

#10     Dec 25, 2021