Best retail broker for my needs?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 8, 2023.

1. I plan to (mostly) day trade ES futures.

When considering commissions, subscription fees and all other things... Which is the best in your opinion, and why?

I currently have NinjaTrader downloaded but am just paying $4/month for CME data feed and haven't purchased any live trading package yet.

2. hilmy83

hilmy83

Just go with AMP.Cheapest commissions

Axon likes this.
  3. What is their margin for 1 ES in day trading?

4. hilmy83

hilmy83

$400 for account under 100k
    anything over 100k is $800

commission is $3.80 RT

If anybody finds anything that beats this , i'd be interested to know

zghorner likes this.
  5. What does RT stand for?

6. Btw, to add to this thread...

I would have no problem using a separate platform for backtesting if there's a reason one platform is preferable for that.

7. schizo

schizo

RT = round trip (eg, open and close)

8. schizo

schizo

I've tried many brokers over the years, but AMP offers the cheapest "all in" fees. And I would think this will be the case for the ordinary traders like you or me. But if you're HFT doing massive trades, you can probably bargain for better offer elsewhere.

zghorner likes this.
  9. mervyn

mervyn

I think for a newbie, large required margin is much safer way to practice first. I'd go with IBKR until you are comfortable and consistently profitable. It is very easy to blow up a low margin requirement account.

10. zdreg

zdreg

You go with IB because it is a no-nonsense firm that doesn't try to nickel and dime clients to death. There are other good firms but if you use overnight margin they charge very high fees. It is surprising that there is no anti-trust investigations to look into collusion to maintain high interest rates in margin accounts. There are other good firms for high volume traders. If you are a low volume long term trader it doesn't matter much where your account is located.

#10     Jan 9, 2023