Birth control trade: condoms, plan b, & pills

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by KCalhoun, Jun 26, 2022.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Given scotus roe v wade, I think sales of condoms, plan b and birth control pills will skyrocket.

What publicly traded companies will benefit the most??

Ticker list in progress: CHD TEVA HOLX PFE MRK JNJ

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Makes sense to be asking that question. I quickly forgot the names of those companies after I got married except for Trojan.

Today, a weird name company owns Trojan...its Church & Dwight Company. Also, a lot of these companies that make condoms and birth control stuff...they're also into the sales of sexy/erotic toys/gadgets. :D

Will be interesting to see which state benefits the most from the sales of that stuff if any.

wrbtrader

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I was thinking about this over the weekend, specifically condoms. In the end I concluded that I do not think we will see that much of an uptick in sales aside from an initial spike, because let's face it...

People were not having condomless sex willy-nilly just because if the woman got pregnant they could just run off and get an abortion. That is an expensive and traumatizing experience to go through.

The people who wanted to prevent an unwanted pregnancy are going to keep following the same behavior.

My problem is really going to come down with if Clarence Thomas is right, and they stop funding free-condoms and other forms of contraception. That will be BS. What family cannot afford a pack of condoms if you want to do the do?

SunTrader and KCalhoun like this.
  4. Question that logic... I doubt many have sex with the notion, "no worries... if I/she gets pregnant, there's always abortion". IOW, I doubt with Roe being overturned... people will now be more careful. Then again... if a woman has to drive 500 miles to get an abortion, she'll be more careful about needing a 2nd one. (I have a sad story about an extremely attractive cousin of mine who had FIVE abortions.... and we're not a "trailer-park trash" family... really!)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Overnight likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

It's surprising how divided the country has become. Civil unrest looms

Windlesham1 and ET180 like this.
  6. Ninja

Ninja

How about an app on a smartphone? Isn’t there any app yet which gives you a green or red light based on menstruation cycle or temperature? I guess that geneneration Z would love such a smart solution. Maybe Apple could come up with something like that on their Apple watch or as a feature in their Health app too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  7. gotta say i never thought of this. great idea

8. m22au

m22au

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Hey guys, this is a thread on stock trading, not your philosophy of protesters and protesting. Please save that for the Politics Forum.

KCalhoun likes this.
  10. m22au

m22au

https://finance.yahoo.com/quotes/awh/view/v1

AWH looks like it is mainly involved in the field of detecting ovarian cancer. So not related to contraception, but possibly going up today based on the women's health theme. After all, the company is called "Aspira Women's Health"

#10     Jun 27, 2022