BlockFi Credit Card Offers 3.5% in Bitcoin Back for Purchases

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Baron, Aug 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I just applied for this card earlier this morning, so I'm passing it along for those that might be interested. Getting rewards for credit card purchases (that you would be making every month anyway) in an asset like BTC that is increasing in value every year seems like a smart idea to me.

unnamed (1).png

You are now invited to apply for the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Credit Card and could be among the first in the world with a credit card that rewards you with Bitcoin back on every purchase you make.

The best part is, you can find out if you qualify for the card without affecting your credit score.

What do I get with the card?

• Earn 3.5% in bitcoin back on all purchases in your first 3 months, and 1.5% on all purchases after.
    • No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees.
    • Earn 2% back on every dollar over $50,000 of annual spend.
    • Earn crypto interest on your Bitcoin rewards.
    • 2% extra APY in Bitcoin on your stablecoin holdings.
    • Trading bonus: 0.25% back in bitcoin on all eligible trades.
    Don’t forget, once you’re a cardholder, you can earn $30 in Bitcoin for every client referral to BlockFi, on top of the base Refer-a-Friend program! So invite your friends to join the club.

Applying for the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card (“Card”) does not guarantee that you will be eligible to receive the Card. Geographic, regulatory, and underwriting restrictions will apply. Fees and terms are subject to change, and additional terms of service will apply to the Card. By applying for the Card, you agree to receive marketing communications pursuant to BlockFi's Privacy Policy.

BlockFi is a trademark of BlockFi, Inc. The BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Card is serviced by Deserve, Inc. and issued by Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.

For more information, please see BlockFi’s Terms of Service.

1 3.5% is an introductory offer that spans the first 90 days of card ownership, beginning on the day of card activation. The introductory offer is capped at $100 dollars in bitcoin.
    2 You may earn 1.5% back in bitcoin if your credit card account remains open and in good standing. Please see the BlockFi Rewards Program and Crypto Rewards Account Terms for more details.
    3 Rewards rate increases from 1.5% to 2% after $50,000 of spend has been achieved and resets on the card anniversary date every year.
    4 2% extra APY on your average daily USD-backed stablecoin balance, paid in bitcoin, up to $200.
    5 0.25% back in bitcoin on all eligible trades capped at $500 in bitcoin per month.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    easymon1, Trader Curt and johnarb like this.
  2. hilmy83

hilmy83

i still haven't found anything that can beat fidelity's signature unlimited 2% cashback

3. Fain

Fain

Crypto.com gives me 3% cashback in CRO. Upgrading in a month or 2 to get the 5% cashback.

and they reimburse 100% of my Netflix and spotify.

johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

brb applying for loan and paying w/this.

5. Where is a "5% back on everywhere purchase" card??

(I get 5% back from Chase on Amazon purchases and 4% back from Citi/Costco on Costco purchases.... 1% back everywhere else.)

As for Costco.... The Executive membership cost $120/yr. We get back 4%... ~ $450/yr,* and it's just the two of us. (Anyone with a family certainly should shop Costco.) And that's not including the usual savings of up to 40% on most/many items. Shopping at Costco is a "no-brainer".

* IOW... We're "getting paid" ~ $30/mo. to shop Costco... that plus the lower cost savings. I estimate that over the years we have saved enough at Costco to pay for TWO new cars!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  6. If only this was available in Canada.

Best deals we can get here, are the IBKR Mastercard.

7. easymon1

easymon1

Did you shop cars at Costco?

8. easymon1

easymon1

9. Overnight

Overnight

Baron, man, let us know how it goes. Who the hell spends 50K on their credit card each year? And all the caps? I agree with the other posters up there, who mention a 2% or whatever cash-back-on-any-purchase deal.

10. deaddog

deaddog

Most people who spend 50K a year. I hardly ever spend cash.

#10     Mar 11, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.