BOBL to half tics June 8th?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by doublechin, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Is it true that the outrights are going to half tics or just the calendar spreads? :confused:

2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I read this differently:

..Besides, the Management Boards of the Eurex Exchanges agreed in above session to reduce, as of June 8,
    2007, the possible minimum price change (tick size) for futures contracts on a notional medium-term debt
    security of the Federal Republic of Germany (Euro-Bobl Future) from the current 0.01 percent to 0.005
    percent in the future for both the regular order books and calendar spreads...

Thus, as of June 8, 2007, the tick value in Euro-Bobl Futures and in Options on Euro-Bobl
    Futures will be EUR 5.00...

(emphasis by me)

Looks like the BOBL is going half-size too.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

3. Yeah actually I agree it looks like it's going the same way as the schatz.

More record commissions for eurex and less bang for your buck!

4. APOLOGIES JUST READ IT PROPERLY YOU ARE RIGHT.

WELL ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF EUREX TRADING.

5. i think this will be the end for day traders at arcardes who are trading bobl shatz abd bobl bund.

same thing happened when the shatz went 1/2 tick.
    you just do the same amount of round trips and get half as much.

this also stinks of desperation by the exchange.
    just because they lowered the pricing system for black box systems that trade big size they assumed they would make more money.
    all thats happened is the volume has gone up but the revenue has gone down.

they should address the issue and make these systems pay the same as you and i.

we are going to be in a position in june whereby the volume on the bid offfer will be 3 to 4 k per side in the bobl at half ticks with nothing trading and everything being flipped around as now.

net net nothings gonna change except our p/l will go down and costs will gp up.

6. Will it less costly to use market order?

7. boblocks

boblocks

All orders cost the same. I guess you are using a broker rather than at an arcade?

8. On eCBOT tbond there are already the 2K/3K per side...just hope after the CME/CBOT merge someone does not invent the same trick, cutting by half the $31.25 tick. :eek: