Breyer to Retire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ipatent, Jan 26, 2022.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Link

• Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring, NBC News reported, giving President Joe Biden a crucial opportunity to replace the liberal justice.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Would be more impactful if he could replace a conservative judge. We dodged a bullet!

Snarkhund likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

"Can't confirm a supreme court during midterm season"__Sinema probably

4. Not really a surprise, to me anyway. He is exactly on my expected timetable.

As I said on September 21:

"That's a roundabout way of leading up to the issue of Justice Breyer retiring or not. He may enter the next term that starts in October and maybe announce after the first of year that this will be his last term so that the dems can start trying their luck. I can see that. That's the best he can do at this point."

The bad news for dems of course, is that he/they are following this timetable because they know they are at risk for the whole enchilada at midterms.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    ids, Snarkhund and Tsing Tao like this.
  5. elderado

elderado

Methinks Kummyla has pretty much nailed her own coffin on that one.

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

That selfish Bitch Ginsberg should have done the same.

7. As discussed wayyy back when Merrick Garland was appointed AG, and all the tards started grinning like cheschire cats - NOPE. If this is supposed to be Garland rehabilitated and back in the game now for future re-consideration, it is headed nowhere.

Garland us just going to end out taking up the bo-bo twice and is never going to be on the Court, and being AG is just a hack position that is no more elevated than the position he left which was on the DC Court of appeals.

So now Garland not only is not going to be nominated BUT his replacment on the Appeals Court - a skin color woman- will be the number one pick or consideration anyway.

OUCH!!! That's gotta hurt. But screw him. He is a drip. He should be removed from office and put in prison for targetting political enemies, including parents.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  8. ipatent

ipatent

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Well Merrick Garland can claim he self-identifies as a black woman.

elderado likes this.
  10. elderado

elderado

That's what Chuckie says today.

We've had black Americans on the court.

Time to nominate a Native American.

Elizabeth Warren.

#10     Jan 26, 2022
    traderob likes this.