California dreamin'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Stosh, May 14, 2009.

1. Stosh

Stosh

How could this have happened to the garden spot of the world? Stupidity is the only answer, combined with a system that lets any worthless bum with no skin in the game vote to elect the leaders (the fatal flaw of democracy). Even more sad is that the rest of America is too stupid to see the California disaster as the proverbial canary in the coal mine. Some of the responses to this post will probably confirm my assertion. Stosh

2. Canary in the coal mine, good analogy.
    I'm still amazed that the mentally challenged are allowed to hold office, sign legally binding contracts, and drive cars.

3. new$

new$

Welcome to the hotel california
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the hotel California
    …
    Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the mercedes bends
    She got a lot pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends
    …….
    Welcome to the hotel california
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely face
    They livin' it up at the hotel california
    What a nice surprise, bring your alibis
    …
    And she said 'we are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
    And in the master's chambers,
    They gathered for the feast
    They stab it with their steely knives,
    But they just can't kill the beast
    …………
    Last thing i remember, i was
    Running for the door
    I had to find the passage back
    To the place i was before
    'relax,'said the night man,
    We are programmed to receive.
    You can checkout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!
    …………..

Hotel California by Eagles

4. Stosh

Stosh

Seems like the "mentally challenged" comprise at least a third of our population and growing. I'm not really talking about the mentally handicapped, rather those people who should have learned from history that there is not enough "other peoples' money" to provide for everyone's wants.....even though trying to do so gets you elected.

5. The Democrats have ran this state into the ground but I don't see it changing until the state goes bankrupt.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That isn't how it was setup originally. You had to own a substantial amount of land to vote. We should go back to that model.

7. Stosh

Stosh

Hotel California is full of spending addicts and anyone with brains and assets is checking out and leaving for Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. It is called voting with your feet. Stosh

8. AMEN!

9. piezoe

piezoe

Apparently you think that grammar-challenged Republicans would not "have ran" California into the ground. :D

#10     May 15, 2009