Call buyer turns $92M position into $477M in a month, unwinding the position as the index hits all-t

Discussion in 'Options' started by ajacobson, Nov 26, 2021.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

Sekiyo, MACD and dealmaker like this.
  2. mervyn

mervyn

Read that Tesla investor/billionaire in Singapore, he taught you how to do long calls only.

3. traider

traider

4. Nobert

Nobert

Is it a single individual, someone like Mark Cuban or was done by institution ?

No big deal if it was someone like Bridge Waters. For em to make it a good year, they need to score at least ~$5 B in profits.

Lots more calls to buy then. :rolleyes:
    (just playin a fool, ofcourse they hold multiple assets in multiple markets)

On, the other hand, if he was a single individual, i wonder, was that all in, or say 5% of his net worth.

Just curious.

jys78 likes this.
  5. jordi742

jordi742

really impressive.

6. jordi742

jordi742

So Nasdaq went up "just" 10% and he made 400% with call options. Not bad

7. Overnight

Overnight

Nobody cares. It was a gutshot, a lucky break, and we rarely hear about the countless others who took the opposite trade and lost same amount.

What's the big deal here?

Aquarians likes this.
  8. schizo

schizo

9. Omg, this. So true. I love to read intelligent comments. Made my night :)

10. I made about 2300% in early 2020 on a gutshot. In Feb I saw there was some virus going around China and maybe got to the US. I found some weekly SPY puts for 13 cents and bought 10 contracts. Closed on Friday for around 3.00. I should have bought more but I hadn't traded options for years so I was a bit unsure. I tried it again a few times but it didn't pan out. At one point in March I was up $20k but IIRC the Fed announced they would do whatever they could to support the market and the $20k evaporated. Ended up losing everything from the first trade.

#10     Dec 17, 2022
    qwerty11 likes this.