Can scalping crypto is possible?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by trend2009, Sep 18, 2021.

1. The commission is between 0.5-0.1%. Suppose you pay 0.1, in and out is 0.2% commission, that is for each btc you need to make 60000*.2%=120 dollar. Is that possible? I can only see your trading make exchange super rich

2. maxinger

maxinger

You can attempt to scalp micro BTC futures.
    however, the chances of earning money are < 1 %.

volume is pathetic.
    of all the futures, micro btc bid-offer spread is one of the worst

there are other better things to scalp.

Handle123 likes this.
  3. MichalTr

MichalTr

For crypto futures the commissions differ a lot, depend on exchange. You can trade on Binance with (retail) 0,02% maker nad 0,04 taker, you can trade on Bybit with -0,025% (so rebate) maker and 0,075% taker, Phemex -0,025% maker, 0,075% taker. There is a lot of options there. And those levels can go down with volume.

johnarb likes this.
  4. which exchange is reliable and has negative fee in general for maker?

binance 0.02% can only be available after 150000 btc trade.

5. MichalTr

MichalTr

In terms of negative fee structure and adding the topic of liquidity to it (for scalping it would be very important) Bybit is good option. But question about reliability in crypto world - that's a bit issue. I don't trust even bigger names as Binance (although I trade there every day). So it is left for your consideration. The safest option would be CME, but it is not possible - as in another post above - the bid/ask spread and liquidity there is terrible (for now).

There is also Deribit with 0 maker fee, but in my opinion it is a bit "abandoned planet".

Phemex (with -0,02) - I don't know much about that one, it seems there is liquidity issue too

If you are able to make some volume (>25 m USD / month) then FTX would be reliable choice (that one I trust in fact). You can also do it without volume just owning some FTT tokens.

The best thing you can do is just connect some ladder to each and check how it looks for you.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    johnarb and trend2009 like this.
  6. so regarding your trading style, are you a scalper in crypto market, i.,e., in and out in a few minutes? your trading profit mainly comes from negative fee or small trend bet?

7. Saxio

Saxio

Nice summary !

why you trust FTX ?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  8. ErAli

ErAli

FTX exchange is profitable for fees. The fees for withdrawing are quite low and the process is quite fast. It provides convenience for withdrawals, KYC, multi-accounts, etc.

9. MichalTr

MichalTr

I trade with a prop, so have "a bit" different conditions and using that I can do things that normally would be not so profitable like small scalps, some arb or other things.

10. MichalTr

MichalTr

I like when I know who is behind the company, where the structure looks legit. FTX is made by Alameda Research, those guys just look legit for me. With Binance - they claim they don't have office, because they are decentralized. You can find some addresses online, but I checked on google maps, doesn't look good. When you chat with support you don't know who you chat with. The court for problems with that company is nowhere, that means it is international court in Hong Kong. That is just an example. But in the end it is all about trading conditions and deals, so I trade on Binance...

#10     Sep 20, 2021
    trend2009 and johnarb like this.