Can someone recommend me a good (hopefully free) stock scanner?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoyUnGanador, Jun 20, 2022.

1. I've never used a stock scanner, and heck I didn't even know they existed until I saw someone on this site mention it. Any recommended good ones out there? All I am really looking at this time is for me to be able to list out several stocks and it will let me know one way or another if they open more than X% above or Y% below their prior close, things of that nature.

Thanks for any help!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

On Lightspeed Trader we offer Light Scan and Riser and faller. Light Scan is for new highs and new lows and Riser and Faller show the stocks up and down the most. It is included with Lightspeed Trader.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

IB and Tos do this for free.

4. easymon1

easymon1

what do you want it to do?

5. He's looking for, what we're all looking for, the Yellow Brick Road of trading,
    [​IMG]
    Something, anything, that will print money from the ground.
    Everyone wants it, everyone is searching for it, everyone is dreaming about it, everyone feels it's just within their grasp,

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  6. deaddog

deaddog

Finviz

wartrace likes this.
  7. wartrace

wartrace

I agree. It is free and the premium isn't terribly expensive.

wastelands likes this.
  8. tomkat22

tomkat22

Great,now I'll have that old Elton John song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

9. there are free stocks scanning website everywhere i.e. like finviz. the more important question is what criteria aka "secret sauce" you gonna put in your scanner to look for the type of stonks you wanna trade.

10. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Soy, You might like TC2000. An ancient but still a active-supported system. It has a simple scripting language to do custom scans VERY EASY. The EOD version is very cheap. I think 200 a year.

It was easy to scan EOD for criteria, and just hitting the space bar advanced to the next candidate. Super easy to manage multiple lists of stocks. I used IB's, but frankly I found TC2000 a better, faster system. I used to scan with TC2000, then create a basket in IB, and then would basket trade sectors.

Free demo too I think.

Hope that helps

#10     Jun 20, 2022