Can you leverage prop firm infra as a non-pro / retail trader?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blazespinnaker, Jun 30, 2020.

1. I'd like to colo with a prop firm and leverage their high speed infra for my ATS, but only as a retail trader.

Looking for great APIs, full execution control, very low latency to data/execution, etc etc.

Is this possible?

qlai likes this.
  2. 777

What is wrong with using/ working with the retail firm, IB, Interactive Brokers?

Serrious question.

Obviously, having a good deal with successful HFT firms wold be fabulous but I do not see how that would be possible.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. It looks like you answered your own question :)

Why would it not be possible?

4. qlai

qlai

I think very unlikely. I assume you never ran live your ATS, so nobody is going to believe your hypothetical results. Big HFTs probably running same strategies, so not interested except for maybe picking your brains. Small close-to-hfts will not allow you to trade your own money(I assume person asking on this forum doesn’t have enough to get them interested)
    Do you have an idea of the latency requirements?

5. You assume a lot! :)

Anyways, I've been told it's possible and that retail traders are doing it. Unfortunately that was the only thing I was able to tease out of him.

If anyone has anything specific about why it is or isn't possible, that'd be really great.

6. This is all very easy to obtain. Check out the TT platform: https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/infrastructure/global-network/

Atikon likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

What instruments?

8. Futures, options on futures, Treasuries, energy, power and crypto.

Atikon and blazespinnaker like this.
  9. Ah, very very cool. Thanks Patrick.

10. mfocus

mfocus

Sent you a PM!

#10     Jun 30, 2020