Carjackings soar by up to 510% in major US cities

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ipatent, Jan 24, 2022.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Carjackings soar by up to 510% in major US cities: Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and New Orleans are all experiencing 'disturbing' spikes in crime

Major cities across the US have observed carjackings spike by up to 510 per cent in a 'disturbing' trend some are attributing to lax punishment and a shift in driving habits.

In line with an overall rise in violent crime across the nation, cities such as Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and New Orleans are experiencing a jump in violent vehicle takeovers as critics slam criminal reform systems.

Others say changes that have come about during the pandemic - including curbside pickup and an increased demand for delivery service - are contributing to the jump.

[​IMG]

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What do all those cities have in common? I'll give you a hint - it isn't demand for delivery service.

3. easymon1

easymon1

Blue Cities Democrats know how to Tear Down Better! lol.

evyup.jpg

4. easymon1

easymon1

Good Times! Invigorating!

HEY! Whatch Doin MY Street Mahrtruckah! GET OUT! NOWNOW!!!

carjack anti-carjack.jpg

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Or just buy insurance, throw em the keys, and wish them a pleasant day.
    Grab your phone on the way out I guess.
    So you can call Uber.

6. easymon1

easymon1

Good Times! Free Cars! What more could anyone ask?

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I see we're giving $3.5B to Afghanistan. $7B in frozen assets. The other half goes to 911 victims.
    I like the second part, but f Afghanistan.

I was thinking the other day the the likes of Bezo's, Musk, Zucherberg, and a few others should all throw down and establish a pot of money to buy the street guns in Chicago.

$1000/gun. Minimum. That would just be for a cheap handgun. The better the gun, the more they get paid.

It'd be nice to use that $3.5B that is now earmarked for corrupt warlords, because ultimately despite the narrative, that's where it'll end up.

Now I know ya'll will come on here with a dozen reasons why this won't work, but a few billion dollars can go a long way.
    At a $1000 a pop, that's 2MM guns. Hell make it $5000/gun. Ya got a lot of wiggle room there.

Eventually the only folks that will have any firepower will be the big dogs in the drug hierarchy. I mean that's better than having every 15yo homie packing a cheap 38 in his pocket... which is in fact the case right now.

And yes I know people will say there'll be scams, but the scams can be minimized with proper due diligence mandates established in the program. You may not get every gun, but I promise you'd make a big friggin' dent in the routine street crime that happens every weekend. You dangle $5000 cash in front of a kid for a gun, them little f'rs will be scouring the streets to find more.

F Afghanistan. Take another $1.5 of their $3.5 and send it to the Chicago cops. And let Bezos, Musk, Zuch, and a few others chip in. Save some lives.

8. ipatent

ipatent

It's Afghan money.

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Aware. But if we can keep half, we can keep more than half.
    But that's not the point anyway. Regardless of which bs pot of money they dip into, just earmark some funds and start buying.

10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Of course guns are used in most carjackings.Republicans need stop blocking bills that get and keep guns off the streets.Countries with more gun restrictions don't have all these carjackings.

#10     Feb 11, 2022