CFTC_Form40_Filing@interactivebrokers.com

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by marriot1234, Nov 27, 2021.

1. I got this message, asking to register at CFCT.
    I trade for myself and it is far away from my net worth the chance to have very big positions.
    I think this is a mistake.
    Anyone else got this ?

thank you

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. I am just scared about a scam.
    This CFCT sent me two emails that went into the spam folders.
    So i didn't sow them.
    Yesterday i got a urgent message from Interactive Brokers:" Ehi, you have to answer to the CFCT" etc.
    I suppose everything is right, but looks suspicious, given the small amount (around 50 micro contracts on SP) i could have hold for some time lately.
    Well, i am going to see what exactly they want to know.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Then contact IB support first.

5. def

def Sponsor

I don't know the exact triggers for the requests but the limits are under the link below. Keep in mind clients can hold positions at multiple brokers and thus the threshold on the requests would be much lower. Guidance on what sets off the requests would most likely came from the CFTC. The request is real and you should respond.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-17/chapter-I/part-15/section-15.03

6. You received the request to complete the form because your position met or exceeded the CFTC established reportable levels. Reportable levels are different than limits. Any trader that trades on U.S. futures markets and whose position reaches an established reportable level will be asked as some point to complete the form – it has nothing to do with speculative limits. In your case, the reportable level is 25 contracts so at some recent point your broker reported to us a position that was at least 25 contracts in the market you are trading and this triggered the request to complete the form.
    25 Contracts... Ok.
    Was i was younger i used to trade lot more the 25 contracts on some market.
    Look like something is changed.
    I have done it, was easy but now they have all my personal data, excluded just account number.

7. traider

traider

is there a difference if one does 25 contracts of MES vs 25 contracts of ES
    Seems arbitrary.