Cheap Xmas Present That Will Be Really Cool.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Dec 21, 2019.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I wanted to get something really cool for a friend's 12 month old for about $100, something that would stand out and last forever... so its like hmmmm. Clothes/toys... naaa... clothes are too easy and toys... all junk made in China, they get so much they don't play with any of them anyway. Even all the quote unquote educational toys... all junk.

Hmmmm. Think VZ. Something unique that will confound the onlookers.

Bingo. Got it. Unfortunately I think its too late to make it happen, if it can be done at all. I did a little research this morning and I guess I'll have to make some calls Monday to see if they exist in our modern age.

My gift....

I want to buy her 10 Shares of $SPCE and get the actual stock certificate, and then frame it. Perhaps by the time she goes to college it'll be worth a ton of money. If not, oh well. It will still look cool in a frame on the wall. But I believe in Branson. I think Virgin Galactic will be around in 20 years. https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/spce.338071/

Anyway... thats my cool Xmas 2019 $100 gift idea. I need to call their U.S. Transfer Agent Monday and see if they make certificates and if they have a direct purchase plan in place. If not... then I'll email the big man himself and have him change that. He will, Sir Richard likes stuff like that. Plus I always wanted to meet him anyway. We'll put some cool space-stuff artwork on it. Maybe RB will commission @Nobert to do it.

A $100 investment would have purchased 4.54 shares at the IPO price. After the stock splits, you would now be the lucky owner of 254 shares of Apple, which would currently have a value of $67,564.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    LS1Z28, Overnight and Nobert like this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Capture.PNG

This part, looks like graphite.

Nice idea, never thought about it and quite original as a gift.

vanzandt likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Look at that car, ahahah, I love it.
    Yeah if you Google "old stock certificates", they have some really sick artwork. I like the railroads and the old airlines.

4. Nobert

Nobert

Eureka-and-Colorado-River-R.gif

Long before the copy-paste era... :rolleyes:

Not sure yet, what would you like me to do, or how much time we got left,
    thus you can keep me updated in here or pm.

Im in.

Edit :

my bad,

it's Virgin Galactic.

:D:thumbsup:

vanzandt likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Actually Nobert, they do need a logo, stock certificates aside. You should sketch one. You like drawing all those beautiful women like you have on your website... and Branson loves that stuff.

The Virgin logo... that was scribbled on a napkin for him by some cat he met in a bar. He loved it.
    [​IMG]

But look at his original logo. This is right up your alley.

[​IMG]

If I could draw like you, I'd look at all the stuff about what Virgin Galactic represents and what its vision is, and then draw some cool looking space travel oriented rendering of that vision incorporating one of those beautiful women you like to draw.... with wings or something flying around the earth. Then I'd take whatever little money I had... and try to catch him in person somewhere in Europe over there and actually hand it to him.

Never know Nobert....
    From Small Things (Big things one day come)

[​IMG]

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Hmmnn ,

something more simple like GM,

could be done till Christmas (as a part of certificate, then it should be incombinated/attached somehow to the real one, maybe printed on paper, like a frame, and on the top of it, printed copy of the real thing would be glued)

with few attempts,

but the one for Virgin, that would take longer.

I like the overall idea, and the plan of cathing him, sounds like movie scenario, which is possible, just like with the entries on trades, not the best time for it right now.

Maybe he would want digital style (more futuristic etc)

but that's like front running reality with personal/discouraging predictions, from my side...

Just to clarify, what would be the dead line ?
    (if there is any*)

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's not one of course... just another crazy idea thrown out there into the universe. Never know N, Sir Richard might like your art and just throw you a few bones for trying. That's a great way to fund a trading account. He is a multi-billionaire after all, and he does have an affinity for the creative folks. :cool:

[​IMG]

8. Nobert

Nobert

:D :thumbsup:

Il keep that in mind.

Especially, after one makes creative effort, the likely hood should increase.

But going back to business itself, i would bet on Space-X instead.
    (if it ever goes public...)

Vanzandt, you must be like this by now :D :
    picard-facepalm.jpg

Thus, me, making that one, just to get commissions, it's like going against my own - current principles.
    (you know, when you sell something, you have to believe in it, and it's sorta awkward, since im in the favor of his main competition, but da hell, we can have both longs)

Misunderstood , i thought you want me to participate in a gift-making for a friends baby.

Anyway,

thanks for bringing me on board, for such idea :):thumbsup:

(Im back to search, for a interesting earnings report of this weekend.)

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well, I can handle getting a stock cert for ten shares if they exist, but this thread evolved and sent me down a rabbit hole, and since I've seen the stuff you can draw on your website before you took it down... I figured wtf... give Nobert an idea to run with.

If someone has talent in a given field, they need to be encouraged to run with it. Within every person lies a genius in some way, I'm 100% convinced of that... the smart ones figure it out early (or hopefully their parents do) and figure out a way to get through life comfortably milking that genius. Problem is, life sets in and quells it forever. 99.9% end up sheep. I've seen it a million times.

Run while you're young Nobert. It doesn't take a high degree of talent really, but it does take a high degree of moxie. You might need to look that word up, that's probably a new one for ya albeit your English writing skills are progressing well.

Anyway... enough on that. Just buy the stock and hold on for 15 years. Ignore the drawdowns... there will be many.

Nobert likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Give her this as well, and tell her to never give up on her dreams. I am sure you remember this one Vanz. And look who is in it...Mr. RB, a crazy one.

#10     Dec 21, 2019
    vanzandt and Nobert like this.