China, the next Vietnam ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by joesan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. joesan

joesan

This past week saw the biggest drop of Shanghai Stock index for the past 13 years. Closing at 2868.80 , or down 13.84% this week, Shanghai stock index is 53.15% lower than its peak value on Oct. 19,2007. While the stock market hit most the relatively wealthy people of the country, the inflated food price/living cost have endangered the life of low-income people . Will China be the next vietnam ?

(attached is the weekly chart of Shanghai Stock index from 2005)

2. joesan

joesan

extra note:

In China, by default the rising candles are in red color and droping candles are in blue or green color, this is different with the habits of charting softwares in US, Europe, etc.

3. Daal

Daal

I hope so, it would be the buying opportunity of a lifetime

4. clacy

clacy

With the US consumer tapped out, it could be a while before China bounces back in my opinion.

5. Could explain the Shanghai sell-off's of late :p

6. joesan

joesan

Anyone can post a chart of Vietname stock index ,or advise where can find one £¿ It will be interesting to make a comparison

7. Not to hijack the thread, but anyone have any idea how to invest in vietnam besides vtovf.pk? MAPIX allowed to but its a multistrategy fund.

Back to topic - SSEC under 3000 is looking yummy. Waiting for a nice sell off in CAF to get back in at a sweet discount.

8. u don't want to invest there now. it was booming like mad, but over heated, and now going the other way. Wait awhile.

9. I think red color for the rising candles is for the reasion that Chinese like red color too much , there national flag is in red color :)

#10     Jun 14, 2008