College Football Playoff champion can be crowned via COVID-related forfeit, new policy states

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wrbtrader, Dec 27, 2021.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

With 5 or 6 bowl college bowl games canceled so far due to Covid related infections and illness...many teams did not have enough players to fill a team to play.

There's a possible scenario that this year CFP Champion may come down to which team is the healthiest. :cool:

The four teams have the ability to isolate / train within a bubble to prevent infections. Any team that becomes infected... it's a team that decided not to take the opportunity to use their bubble protocols.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ned-via-covid-related-forfeit-says-new-policy

I have a friend that has a son that plays for Univ. of Michigan. She told me that she was in a video chat with him several days before Christmas...there were 2 cheerleaders in his apartment without masks and she asked him if the girls were fully vaccinated...

He replied he didn't know. :rolleyes:

Therefore, my bet is that Univ. of Michigan will be the 1st team that forfeits its semi-final game due to Covid infections/illnesses. :D

wrbtrader

2. No, forfeit the whole thing and no one is crowned. College Football needs to get a grip.

No one plays, no one wins, no one is crowned.