commodity fund rankings

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by long, Apr 30, 2023.

1. long

long

I used to know a guy that managed a commodity fund that done well. The funds website used to post the performance from inception but then only revealed the previous three years. I just checked it and the website doesn't offer any results. I found results for this fund on iasg.com but it's only for a single year. about 10 years ago I ran across a website that had this data on hundreds of commodity funds going back at least 10 years. I can't remember the website and haven't been able to find it through google. Do any of you know where I can find at least 5 years of performance data on commodity funds?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. BKR88

BKR88

Autumn Gold & IASG are the two I use most often.
    The fund you're looking at with a 1 year record is likely a new fund otherwise the historical performance would be longer. The trader may have been with a different program previously.
    https://www.autumngold.com/

3. long

long

The fund I’m looking at has been operating since before 2000. It’s the same program but the website doesn’t include past performance info any more. Iasg.com only includes 1 year for some reason. There used to be a better website that tracked them but I can find it.

4. BKR88

BKR88

Something about the fund has likely changed or they'd show more than just 1 year.
    Same fund but new principal trader? If the trader is new the historical performance would be misleading.
    Sometimes the same trading group will start a new similar program with slight changes such as smaller funding requirements.
    I believe they're required to include the full historical performance to avoid cherry-picking only the good years.
    Could you post the name of the fund/trader? PM if not publicly so I can search?
    If AUM is small it's likely a new fund.

5. Ed48

Ed48

6. Ed48

Ed48

PS. the Morningstar link seems to be working ok now.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  7. %%
    YES;
    duck duck go, iasg
    click on bottom ''program returns''
    WONDER why only ytd-5 years performance?? 363 funds
    Worst draw down looks ok for many of them\ must be something else.

8. long

long

No, it’s a managed futures account program. The principle is the same as when started, it’s just that their website no longer provides any performance data. Their results were quite unbelievable the first 5 years but dropped down to the high end of good when the amount under management got large. I know I could just contact their office and get the data but I was hoping to find a website that allowed me to compare them to others. I’m also not interested in naming the program here.

9. lx008

lx008

Morningstar ranking can do.

Also do some google search, like CTA fund ranking, you can find many.

And many are not free.