CTA that don't trend-follow

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by SoCalOptionsWriter, Jan 2, 2023.

1. I keep reading that CTAs are trend followers. Period. And probably 90 percent or more are. But aren't there some CTA that just employ an option writing strategy? What about other non trend following strategies?

2. I heard of an options trader named James Cordier. He's wrote books on options trading, with follow up editions and believe he was managing in the hundred of millions. He has to know his stuff with those type of credentials.

Why do a non trend following strategy? you actually need a real / sizable edge for that. Just get a large pool of money, attack the lowest hanging fruit via a trend trading strategy and try to pull as much out in fee's, commissions, performance bonuses and etc. I am not even joking or being sarcastic on this one. That's a legit way to do it and seems the path for many.

3. Overnight

Overnight

He retired with his wealth. (Sorry, I mean he retried his wealth into the ether...)

hipster ned likes this.
  4. BKR88

BKR88

5. That has to be a fake video there's no way someone who wrote books (and has follow up editions) and managed hundred of millions of dollars would lose it all.

You're treading on very dangerous ground, might I warn you. You're basically saying that not ever single argument from authority is 100% correct and that it's possible just because someone wrote a book or is managing hundreds of millions that everything they say related to trading, isn't automatically correct. You're attacking a lot of the members here favorite trump card. Are you truly ready for all that smoke?

taowave likes this.
  6. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

7. Overnight

Overnight

8. I guess you're just dead set on beating me here. Was being 100% sarcastic regarding the option guy and books. Guessing your trolling and forcing me to point out that I was being sarcastic, which means I lose, but if I don't point it out I also lose.

So well played man. You win, this is too difficult and time consuming for me. Cheers.

hipster ned likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I was kinda' sensing you were being sarcastic, but in the back of my mind was your first response to the OP...

So you were being sarcastic in saying you were not being sarcastic, which in the end means you lied. Yes, you failed this one!

10. Thank God you gave me a victory here, now we're even. Bad mistake you couldn't just take your victory graciously had to try and rub it in. Too ez man.

"I said on this one" in the second paragraph, not the first one. Also looks like I am getting paid by being humble and admitting defeat. How so? Because I even clarified again "Was being 100% sarcastic regarding the option guy and books" in my admit defeat post. That is the sarcastic part (clearly). The second part was not sarcastic (also clearly) because that's literally what a lot of people do that manage money.

#10     Jan 3, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.