Datafeeds for learning and experimenting

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Tcl, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Tcl

Tcl

Hi

What are currently the recommended datafeed for learning and experimenting
    I am interested is forex and US Stock Market

Obviously since this is for learning, I am looking for something very cheap (free if there is any) or at most 20/30 dollars per month

I don't want UI platforms or front ends, just the data feed and want to be able to read it programmatically

Polygon seem highly advertised here, but they cost 200 dollars per month (do they have cheaper learning accounts, maybe smaller data pool or even higher latency, sine I am learning, I don't care about latency at all)

What do you recommend?

terrifrancis likes this.
  2. DaveV

DaveV

3. algoseek

algoseek Sponsor

Isn't Yahoo Finance free?

4. Metamega

Metamega

Yahoo, Quandl, maybe barchart, Tingo.

5. El Trado

El Trado

You can get free tick-by-tick As well as historic back to early 2000s from Oanda for fx, commodities and certain indexes. It is for their Cfd, but it is relatively close to the spot prices, so for building models it should work fine

zenlot likes this.
  6. Try iexcloud.io perhaps? They have a free subscription plan although it is pretty limited but enough for just learning/experimenting purposes. Or you can also try renting on Quantgo, they carry a variety of datasets sourced from institutional vendors like Algoseek.com

7. ph1l

ph1l

8. shfly

shfly

Medvedtrader.com, has a free option (2 weeks I believe), $25/month after that. Need a feed with it, use Webull (Datafeeda & Brokers), no credit card is necessary with Webull, just an email/password.

As you can see on that page, Yahoo can also be used.

Hope this helps.

PlatformFX likes this.
  9. Yahoo is a good option.

#10     Nov 24, 2020