Deposits from Revolut to IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Oct 21, 2020.

1. I know that you can transfer funds from IB to Revolut.

Does anyone know whether you can deposit funds from Revolut to IB?

I asked IB but the answer was a bit vague.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

It is a bank account so it should be possible. Names on accounts should match.

3. I believe the names should match, yes. But I do not think Revolut operates as a bank - at least not yet. Revolut does hold a banking license, and I think their intention is to operate as a bank, but it is my understanding that they are not there yet.

4. DevBru

DevBru

I guess it should work but they might ask you for proof the money was not deposited to Revolut with a creditcard.

At least that is what AMP does when depositing with for example TransferWise, it had to be a bank wire to TransferWise and i had to send the documents to AMP to verify it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Maverick2608 likes this.
  5. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Revolut are often very funny when it comes to sending money to brokers. They really don't like Bitcoin brokers for example.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Barclays were very good with crypto. Just said it was your money. They had a deal with coin base for a while. Got told by Citibank not to deposit from bitstamp again.

7. minhanh

minhanh

I guess it should work but they might ask you for proof the money was not deposited to Revolut with a creditcard.

8. DevBru

DevBru

Nice copy paste.

9. I live in EU and have Revolut account and i can deposit funds only from my EUR accounts or from my GBP accounts.And withdraw back from IB only EUR and GBP

10. Strange I can withdraw in other currencies. Have not tried to deposit. Do you have a personal og corporate account at IB and Revolut?

#10     Oct 26, 2020