Depth of Market , who can see what?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Zr1Trader, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Interactive Brokers has a DOM ladder that shows 10 rows on each side of the market

Other data/platforms like Ninjatrader have 5 rows on each side.

TT?

Question concerning futures.

Who can see the largest DOM with every order ( the whole book)? Brokers? CME? Are there any retail platforms that allow this info to be seen?

In other words, who can peak at the market and how far away does price have to be for them to peak at the orders?

2. Also, Where can I find info on how each matching algo specifically works in different futures markets? k algo ect.

Looked for links on CME but can't seem to locate the right place for this info? Anyone have a link or pdf?

3. Makis

Makis

CME provides up to 10 levels depth through their market data feed. Anybody can have access to that feed.

The actual number of levels depends by product, with most liquid products having depth of 10.

Everybody gets their CME book data from the CME feed. Banks, HFT shops, vendors etc....
    Some vendors may truncate the depth to less levels to save bandwidth or cpu cycles.

https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/Market+Data+-+Multiple+Depth+Book

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

5. Thanks!

6. sma202

sma202

Cme has its own market making unit, another hedge fund under a guise. I bet they see the whole book.

Occam likes this.
  7. Oanda is the only place I know that shows all orders and positions within their system for everyone to see.

I'd imagine most brokers can pretty much see all the customers orders that are sitting there waiting to be executed.