Dogecoin billionaire: the joke is on you

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by guru, Apr 17, 2021.

1. guru

guru

A recent joke from Twitter:
    ========
    upload_2021-4-17_4-29-5.jpeg
    ========

The no-joke story from 2 months ago when dogecoin was 8x cheaper:
    ========
    https://fortune.com/2021/02/17/doge...musk-snoop-dogg-gene-simmons-crypto-holdings/

Someone—or something—has amassed over $2 billion in Dogecoin
    BY
    CHRIS MORRIS
    February 17, 2021 8:33 AM PST

Dogecoin was started as a joke. It was a digital currency that was designed to be worthless. But that hasn’t stopped it from creating at least one billionaire.

The Wall Street Journal reports that an unknown entity currently holds roughly 28% of the Dogecoin in circulation, a holding that’s worth $2.1 billion.

Dogecoin has been around for eight years, and for most of that had a value of half of one cent—tops. It’s a sarcastic currency. Ten thousand new Dogecoins are programmed to be issued every minute for the rest of eternity, meaning the value will never hold. It’s a cryptocurrency that’s meant to always get cheaper. Even the creator of the coin is flummoxed by its recent rise.

Then Elon Musk got in on the joke, talking about it on his Twitter account. And other online celebrities began talking it up as well.

Given the skyrocketing value of Bitcoin, Dogecoin has seen an escalation of its own, jumping to roughly five cents. (Yes, it doesn’t compare to $50,000, but a 900% jump is nothing to sneeze at.)

It is, of course, entirely possible that the account holder of this Dogecoin is not an individual. It’s common for crypto exchanges to hold big wallets on behalf of their customers. The inherent anonymous nature of cryptocurrency accounts makes it impossible to say.

Whoever or whatever owns the account, though, it currently holds 38.6 billion Dogecoin and has been buying since February 2019.

The Journal notes that the account has also frequently bought 28.061971 Dogecoins. That could be a nod to Elon Musk, whose birthday is June 28, 1971.
    ========

Nobert likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't think it is unknown. Doge was premined:

Currency supply
    [​IMG]
    A physical representation of two Dogecoins being held

Dogecoin started its initial coin production schedule with 100 billion coins in circulation.

Dogecoin was co-founded by IBM software engineer Billy Markus from Portland, Oregon and Adobe software engineer Jackson Palmer,

guru likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Already down from over 40 cents to 25 cents. So almost a 50% drop in less than 24 hrs!!!

Most cryptocurrencies are going to take a dive very soon.

Only thing I like about cryptocurrencies is you can trade them 24/7 other than that they are just magical fairytale worthless made out of thin air coins.

guru, ET180, RedDuke and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Elon's entry b4 he pumped it

5. How did you become a Billionaire:

Zuckerberg....I created a low IQ online yearbook, knowing that most of America loves this simpleton sht...then hooked up with NSA to collect everyone's information. The information ON YOU made me a Billionaire.

Buffet...I bought companies that collect a lot of money and geared them to provide NO VALUE and then started MASS ADVERTISING THEM. Sugar, fat, cheap TV ads and bad insurance...that how I became a billionaire.

Retard6969...Well, most of America is pretty retarded, so I just JUMPED ON THE FIRST BANDWAGON i could afford.

Boomer Trader... Well, I don't understand any of this stuff, I didn't get to buy any of it and I still like KO and PG.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    guru likes this.
  6. The great thing about cryptophiles is that they have no ability to imagine making money any other way.

virtusa and cdcaveman like this.
  7. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Ouch, that's a big drop in 24 hours. How much is it up/down in the past week? Past year? I'll wait. lol

8. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I'm impatient. Here it is.
    upload_2021-4-17_18-43-22.png

johnarb and beginner66 like this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

damn, should've thrown at least 1G at this freaking turd.

10. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I've thought the same thing. Just don't look at DOGEBULL, from $3,000 to $190,000 in 7 days. lol.

#10     Apr 18, 2021