Elon has just sold 8 MM TSLA shares

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pekelo, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Alright, only 7.74 MM:

3,273,270 TSLA shares on August 5th
    1,470,481 TSLA shares on August 8th
    3,021,586 TSLA shares on August 9th

His "No further TSLA sales planned after today" tweet from April has not gone as planned.

2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

It's good risk management I guess. Had he kept everything, the fact the shares might fall 90% further would have been a tremendous risk to him, but he will have materially reduced the impact of by that risk by having offloaded a comparatively smaller portion of his original shares at what might in retrospect prove to be very favorable prices. Of course, nobody should put any weight to these out of the air numbers of mine (i.e. not a recommendation to short TSLA from my part).

Nobert likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Even at $100 per share TESLA is over valued, so definitely great move on his part.

Nobert and SunTrader like this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Especially the no further sales after today ... back in March. Outright lie if you can get away with it is how it works nowadays.

5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Not really, his wording allowed for unplanned sales.

Axon likes this.
  6. VicBee

VicBee

Funny how the share price is holding steady.

7. zghorner

zghorner

yea definitely...it dropped 10% from a tweet saying it was overvalued haha.

upload_2022-8-10_10-32-51.png

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

He sold. Not he is going to sell. Although with the StonerCEO ya neva kno.

Anyway on my chart TSLA is down -2.701% from the open. Yesterday's close is history, in the books, done. Today is what matters. And today the markets are ripping higher if you hadn't noticed. Why not TSLA? Though I did notice today my Tom DeMark TD Pressure indicator is expecting a daily low soon.

9. VicBee

VicBee

It's up $20... But I'm looking for a sub 800 drop before a swing back to a 1000 peak right prior to the 08/25 split.

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Folks that bought at the open (fahgettabout the high) are down $24 but you stay content that it is "up".

#10     Aug 10, 2022