ES Journal - 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Longer term position player looking to post here some shorter term ES trades to begin to get a feel for the intraday movements etc. Some positions will be held overnight and I will use this as a training ground to get stops put in at correct levels etc. It may take me a while to get good. I am used to holding positions for weeks and months.

I'll be posting here Jan 1.

@SBadmin2, NQurious, Jaydom and 4 others like this.
  2. Fresh meat haha.

3. qlai

qlai

May I ask why? Just curious why people do it on public fo forum?

4. Overnight

Overnight

It is his prerogative. Maybe you should try one also? What is the harm? And it is not his first time, by the way. I think rather it is a continuation of his journal into a new thread because after 5,000,000,000 pages, the ole journal gets unwieldy to navigate through. Hell, it is what I would do if MY journal was that popular.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/es-journal-2017-2018.305406/

5. qlai

qlai

You are answering for him :) So at least tell me why you are doing it? Does it help to put things out there for people to criticize? I have not yet followed any journal.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. qlai

qlai

Well followed your link and discovered a bit of a jem right off the bat (from @Handle123). Will start paying attention :)

"On days like today when they gap this much on open from previous day, it becomes another dayoff for Scalpers like myself, just way too much volatility. I do well trading "noise" but too loud today, and that's ok, who doesn't like another day off?Trading is often about self discovery, what works for you and risk management, too risky Iwill trade maybe tomorrow for Indexes, but there is always currencies and crude oil."

wwatson1 likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. Maybe they can help you, if not in trading mechanics, but in psychology. Anything that can help us with trading is good. My journal is a blow-off point to show the shit, talk about it, get it out of the system, have fun, and try to bring levity to what is a terribly serious business that can go bad much quicker than any other business ever conceived.

Because of that characteristic, that this business can turn so quickly, it is unique. It is a heavy burden for anyone who decides to undertake it.

And while my particular business has been on hold for pretty much a year, I like to think that other folks' journals are helping other folks.

Buy1Sell2 and qlai like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

For an arbitrage fading opportunity.

9. qlai

qlai

Damn you, @Buy1Sell2! Stop liking every comment and say something already!

10. Overnight

Overnight

His journal must be broken. It happens at times. Also, remember what he opened up this latest journal iteration with..."I'll be posting here Jan 1."

:)

#10     Dec 19, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 and qlai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.