EU agrees to tame 'Wild West' with new crypto market rules

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by ajacobson, Jul 1, 2022.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. The only way to TAME it is to ban 20x leverage, etc. Which is already under-way.

Unfortunately, this will take most the 'fun' out of crypto.

3. Tokenz

Tokenz

Yes this means adoption. Less money going into shit tokens and more money going into top selling cryptos.

Bullish news:thumbsup:

johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  4. ET180

ET180

I think within a year, everyone will realize they were all shitcoins.

virtusa and TradeTune like this.
  5. Real value of Bitcoin as of today is no more than 5,000 ,,,, and now is trading at level around 19,000, which many people crying why they lost their fortune

6. virtusa

virtusa

Can you give a detailed calculation of that value? Crypto's are pure air, so what gives value to crypto's?
    The price people want to pay? That's imaginary value, not real value.

It seems also possible to recover the stolen coins:
    https://www.cyprusmedianet.com/news...sity-recovers-ransom-paid-in-2019-after-hack/

But the stealing still continues:
    https://english.khabarhub.com/2022/25/259590/

Hackers have managed to steal more than 12.52 billion in bitcoins from US crypto company Harmony.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  7. This is good for Bitcoin

Tokenz likes this.
  8. Tokenz

Tokenz

Nah, there are some altcoins with high utility value. And just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. And I know the ones with high utility will definitely get on board with regulations in becoming adopted.

johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  9. There is only one way that bitcoin has value: people decide to use it.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactions.html#3y

The only way bitcoin gets used is if people are forced to use it. There are zero countries of consequence willing to give up their right to create money and so no one will use it.

The cost of bitcoin is floored by the power required to mine it, and capped by the need to use it.

What if the institutions stop giving a hoot about bitcoin? No more pumpers.

Then btc loses its "network" effects and is forced to compete on its own merits.

On that, it fails. There are many better cryptos.

10. The only ones crying are either paper-hands, or forced liquidations. Long-term investors don't crystalize losses and are happy to get a second chance of winding back the clock to take further advantage of.

Some of my top class REITs have crashed down to initial covid-panic selling prices. Despite I'm already long, I am happy to keep loading up at these bargains. What more can you ask for, except for your broker to give you stocks for free?

I would have never bought MSTR without the fire-sales going around. Glad for this opportunity! I just wish I didn't have a PoS Honda Civic, so I could spend less on repairs and more on securities. :D

#10     Jul 2, 2022