Example of an "trader`s edge"

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dutchie Trader, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Since markets changed dramatically last years, I cannot use my current strategy anymore for trading options. I am focusing now on futures but I really miss an edge.

Can someone give one or more examples of an edge for futures trading, or how to set this up ? I am not asking people for giving away their strategy, but just for an explanation how to create a strategy.

Are there maybe good websites explaining this with some examples ?

Thank for your reply in advance !

2. Cheese

Cheese

I can't see that the markets have changed. Look at the meaning the market offers: "Please relieve me of the money I offer you each day."

There are no edges because that term means only selected understandings of parts of the market instead of a whole understanding and use of the whole market (eg the YM intraday). Price goes up and down .. upmoves, downmoves following each other.

I use a predictive trading model but of course you have to compile it from detailed daily data of the market you want to play in. I realise that this is a very long and involved task that independent traders prefer not to undertake.

But nevertheless the starting point is the gyrations .. the intraday upmoves and downmoves (eg YM). Enter each move on BO from the preceding opposite one. Of course you need to attain understanding and sophistication to do this accurately but the principle is simple.
    :)

3. 1000

4. The best one I know is http://www.elitetrader.com/ . :cool:

5. Are there maybe good websites explaining this with some examples ?
    Right!

At ET's, search for 'TREND'

6. Perhaps try also "Edge" as well. :p

7. 1000

Ask steve46 about that 19 tick spike reversal that I think he might have been saying (sorry in advance if mis quoted).

8. "There are no edges because that term means only selected understandings of parts of the market instead of a whole understanding and use of the whole market (eg the YM intraday). Price goes up and down .. upmoves, downmoves following each other"

there most definitely ARE edges

you are totally wrong

9. 1000

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64688&perpage=6&pagenumber=80

I see you contradict yourself on a different thread?

10. Cheese

Cheese

You didn't understand obviously.
    :)

#10     Apr 8, 2006