Execute trade without nervous mouse click

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stvee, Jun 13, 2003.

1. stvee

stvee

Hi guy,
    Does anybody feel the nervousness of the mouse clicking when we make a trade. I felt that pretty heavy before. Even though the analysis is good, but when it is time to execute the trade through the clicking of the mouse with our hand, I tend to hesistate. Anybody share the same problems?
    Realizing that psychological effect of the mouse clicking to buy or sell. I have developed a program to execute the trade through speech. It is pretty accurate, since it only a few command that I have to speak. Buy, sell, buy market, sell market and cancel and to confirm Yes or No to those command. What it really is I control a series of mouse movement through speech. For example, when I say buy market, it will confirm me of this action, and then the mouse will automatically click on the lowest offer, then click on buy. THat really take a lot of hesitation out of my nervous hand. So far this program of mine is only custom made to fit with my own trading application, X-trader. But it can definitely be modified to use with any application, and automatically control any repeated sequential mouse movement during a trading session through speech. Let me know if anybody interested so I can develop this application for your use and I will let you try it.

2. You're probably trading money you can't afford to lose.

I had the problem when I started out. After I raised some more money and decided I could afford to risk all the money in my account, my nerve problem went away.

3. No. Premature Alzeihmer perhaps :D

4. You'll get used to it. You just gotta keep trading.

Good Luck

trend

5. nitro

nitro

I never get a "heavy mouse," but my ears get pinned against my head, I start to foam at the mouth and get bloodshot eyes.

nitro

6. Sounds like you have a drinking problem.

7. gwnorth

gwnorth

no just stupid mistakes thast cause a rise in blood pressure, increased heart rate, death to those that happen to interupt while in the middle of stupidity, dog howls, snakes think your hand is lunch and when all this gets sorted out finally submit the exit order while planning an alibi

8. The above might be the reason for your hesitation. If not, probably you don't have confidence in your analysis/system or you don't trust yourself that you'll follow your rules.

9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Sounds like you have a good solution for the problem of hesitation with voice activation of trades.

I have another one. Program all your trades to fire automatically.
    TradeStation has that capability and it is a great idea. More trades are not executed because of hesitation. You can even backtest the ideas to see if they work.

:)

10. You may want to examine your feelings about sticking with your trading plan, or do you have one? :confused:

#10     Jun 14, 2003