Execution Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cgeorgan, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi there -

It's been a while since I posted here, but I'm interested in getting a feel for the going salary for execution traders in Chicago.

I used to work in NY doing the same thing (3 years ago), and the salary ranged anywhere from $125k - $250k on the buy side plus (generally) 100% of salary bonus.

Not sure how things have changed since then, or what the going rate in Chicago vs. New York is.

Before any sort of flaming starts, this is a bona fide question; I have 8 years of experience doing this professionally and - yes - there are still firms that hire people to execute trades. I only ask because I spent the last three years doing proprietary work, and I'm interested in just going back to doing what I was doing before.

Background on the firm in question - Large shop, probably 150 people (they have their own infrastructure, 5-10 execution traders, group of programmers, etc). This execution role requires a good knowledge of algorithmic trading as well as an ability to program (in general) on the trader's part.