Finviz-Is it The best tool ever?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gmst, Nov 14, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

To me, Finviz is kind of a dashboard. I am wondering if there is anything better out there out for stocks and markets analysis than Finviz?

I like their layout, I like the heat-map, I like the screener, I like that its possible to see hundreds of stocks prices by just hovering over the mouse over their ticker, and I like that they give a lot of interesting setups in real time on their website like new highs, trendline touch, double bottoms etc.

It will be great if someone knowledgeable can shed some light on what extra features "a BETTER proprietary" tool would have over Finviz? Talking about proprietary tools that you might have seen in a hedge-fund etc.

2. gmst

gmst

Other than layout, Lets talk about 2 specific features: screener and heatmap. I think both are fantastic and I wonder what other parameters would someone build if they want to build a better screener or heatmap.

I think they are just perfect or maybe my statement is just showing my naivety and my inexperience with stocks :D

3. If it that's good for you, don't worry about whats better out there, just keep enjoying the good product.

I use it too and consider it fantastic.

Mostly scan for stocks with a high short float % and when I see a bullish surprise ie Gap up or something of that nature, I exploit that using small timeframes, but ya, great tool, Im with you.

4. It is definitely one of the best sites out there that is free to use.

5. Ya that is true, but for my kind of work I need the pay version.