G C D Chords

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by easymon1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

4. easymon1

easymon1

5. easymon1

easymon1

How long does it take to learn guitar:

Now that we’ve discussed the importance of goal setting, tips to finding your starter guitar, and what to keep in mind when you start learning the guitar, we’ll break down what you should keep in mind when it comes to a timeline of progression.

Focus your first 3 months on basic open chords such as Em, A, Am, E, Dsus2, Cmaj7 and G.

You’ll progress faster with the use of our stepping stone chords.
    https://nationalguitaracademy.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-guitar/

6. I've been fooling around with guitar and banjo for 30 years. I can play almost as well as a halfway dedicated 1st year student. But I'll keep at it! :D

vanzandt likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ooookay.
    You want a response.....

Learning those basic chords is good, its a must in a way, but before you can be good, you have to develop your ear. The easiest way to do that is to use an acoustic guitar with a pick-up for an amp, I mean they're cheap now... $125 tops to get started. Then you buy a cheap cheap amp.... $30... buy the cheapest amp you can find... use Craigslist... but it needs 3 plug-ins.... one 1/4" one to plug your acoustic in, one to plug in a phone or whatever you have your favorite songs on, and one for a set of headphones (1/4" or the standard whatever size that is... 1/8" (3.5mm))... or whatever... but you definitely need headphones. You need a way to hear the guitar amplified, and you need an input to play songs you like. So like I said... 3 plug-ins on the amp.

Then, you need to YouTube "cheap Barr chords". Don't get intimidated, you don't have to make a perfect 4 finger "F" and then slide it, there's ways to cheat. I'd work on the 4 fingered way though. Learn how to distribute that pressure properly between your index finger and the other 3.

Key is, play along to the song. You'll be surprised how fast you learn where all the notes are on the neck. That's why an amp and headphones are important. And a song you like.

Take one song and do it over and over again until you can hit every tone to your satisfaction. Ya gotta learn that neck. When you bored with that, work on switching between the cowboy chords that you listed above.

"Just play along".

... You're welcome.

CaptainObvious and easymon1 like this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

G-C-D

cesfx likes this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

Inspiration
    21 . 06 . 21
    How Anyone Can Make a Beat and Get it on TikTok in Seconds with Creator

https://blog.landr.com/

stage view.jpg

10. Three chords and the truth is all you need. Sitting in County coming off a 3 days blackout drunk will add some flavor. You got yourself a hit.

#10     Jul 6, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.